|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Panticosa. Potes, Spain|
|Date Posted||12th March 2019|
WALK LEADER who also speaks SPANISH
Collett's Mountain Holidays are looking outdoor enthusiasts who have Hill Walking / Hiking experience and who also speak Spanish for hospitality jobs in the village of Panticosa in the Spanish Pyrenees, and the village of Potes in the Picos de Europa in Spain this summer.
We refer to our Walk Leaders as Walk Organisers, to differentiate between what we offer and what a Mountain Guide offers.
You would be joining small, friendly resort teams providing daily hospitality to our guests, helping with the domestic chores around the resort, and accompanying our guests on Organised Walks two or three times a week in the mountains.
Your language skills would be needed for daily communication with our local landlords and suppliers; booking activities for our guests with local centres (white water rafting, horse riding, canyoning etc.), sorting out problems with car hire and lost luggage; and accompanying our guests to the doctors or hospital to help translate as and when there was the need. You would need to speak Spanish to a good intermediate level and be able to express yourself clearly.
Most members of our previous resort teams have cherished their time with us. This, we believe, is due as much to the friendly working relationships, which develop within the team each year, as it is to the spectacular nature of the areas in which we are based and the potential to enjoy them.
With a very high rate of returning staff there are opportunities to come back to work a winter season in the Dolomites too.
- From early/mid-May until late September.
- Mid-season applications also welcome in case we lose people through injury.
- Experience of hill walking with good outdoor map reading navigation skills would be needed, but not necessarily experience of having led groups before.
- Ideally, you would also be a confident driver with at least a year's experience on the road.
- A good level of spoken Spanish, able to express yourself clearly in day to day situations.
Although these jobs are based in Italy, Austria and Spain you would need to have the legitimate right to work in the UK. Practically this means you would need to have:
- A British National Insurance Number
- If you are not a UK National, but you have an EU passport, you would also have to be currently working under British National Insurance Legislation for us to be able to employ you in Europe
- A British Bank account into which we could pay your wages
- A current First Aid certificate
- As well as the weekly wage of £85 we provide you with full-board & accommodation, travel to and from resort, medical insurance, and a two-week period of orientation and training at the start of the season. You would need to be available for the whole season, which runs from mid-May until late September.
- If you are applying after the season has started, then training would be provided on the job.
- Go to our recruitment website at colletts.co.uk/work
- There you will find more details of the job of the Walk Organiser/ Linguist. There is an online application form to send in your details. Attached to the form we ask you to send:
- Your CV
- A photo so we can put a face to the voice when we speak to you by phone.
Ideally you would then be available at short notice for an informal interview in Saffron Walden, 12 miles south of Cambridge. We would also consider Skype interviews if you are currently working outside of the UK or at the other end of the country.
Don't delay; this could be the experience of a lifetime!
Collett's are a small, independent mountain holiday specialist, who have been operating since 1998. We are looking for sociable, friendly and engaging people with a passion for the outdoors who would enjoy looking after fellow mountain enthusiasts and help them enjoy their time on holiday with us in these spectacular corners of Europe.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.