|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Surbiton, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||8th May 2019|
In the office
Sales & Marketing
The Tailormade Team Leader’s main purpose is to maximise the sales made by the tailormade team; support and manage the performance of the team and work closely with the Head of Sales and other sales team leaders. This is a sales & line management role and the individual will be measured on the success of the team’s sales in line with the overall company objectives and strategies.
The active/ adventure sector in the travel industry is enjoying a period of strong growth, especially in the UK. We want to capitalise on this and ensure that all is being done by the consultants to convert as many leads in the most efficient way possible whilst still guaranteeing the normal high levels of service.
What you will be doing
- Maximising sales opportunities, through effective and constant supervision and supporting of phone team members.
- Conducting regular 1:1 meetings and, where necessary, (regularly) implement performance management against measurable KPI’s
- Regular call listening/client-handling observation both with consultant and without them (followed by feedback session) to ensure call standards remain of the highest quality
- Regular reviews of client email quality and turnaround times
- Review margin/booking composition to ensure quality and margin integrity.
- Motivate the team using various incentives and support
- Responsible for organising and delivering (short, often 1:1) internal training sessions, sales skills coaching, product knowledge training and liaising with L&D for relevant external sessions.
- Maintaining a ‘sales’ culture where the team are aware of the expectations in place and communication is regular and consistent.
- Follow any assigned reporting routines as delegated by the Head of Sales.
- To ensure personal development of Tailormade Team members through active, carefully documented line management.
- To liaise closely with other Sales Team Leaders to ensure achievement of department objectives – increasing bookings and conversions, improving customer service.
- To provide cover when necessary.
- To ensure service levels (HEF), lead conversion, gross margin, productivity (margin per day) are within Key Performance Indicator Targets.
- Ensure the team follow direction from Product Managers and other Exodus staff to ensure the appropriate product is being advertised and sold to maximise company sales
- Handle and solve problems associated with escalated bookings from Sales Consultants
- Liaise with the Customer Service department where complaint resolution is concerned.
What we are looking for
- Strong sales background with experience and success in a previous leadership position
- Used to setting, driving, achieving and rewarding sales targets
- Excellent written and spoken communicator who builds relationships quickly
- Demands high standards of customer service and understands the importance of attention to detail
- Thrives in a sales environment and enjoys managing and training individuals to ensure standards are constant
- Has a strong positive character and is used to dealing with pressure
- Ambitious and keen to progress and develop their own career
- Likes to get their sleeves rolled up and be involved
- Experience working in the leisure travel sector and good geographical knowledge would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Amadeus / Galileo GDS system useful
- Ability to present effectively using Powerpoint and use Excel to at least an intermediate level.
- Good organizational skills are key.
Working with us
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary
- Various employee discounts and offers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.
How to apply
Please email your CV and covering letter to [email protected] quoting ‘JOB TITLE’ in your subject line.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.