|Location||Central Edinburgh, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||19th November 2019|
Sales & Marketing
Join the Alpine Exploratory team
Vacancy: Travel Adviser
Starting: December 2019 or January 2020 (flexible)
Duration: 9 months to 2 years depending on the successful candidate (Maternity cover)
Location: Our office in central Edinburgh
Hours: Full-time (flexible: 4 days might be possible)
Alpine Exploratory is looking for an enthusiastic person to join our small and friendly team in our Edinburgh office.
Our company's central work is advising our clients and making the bookings and other arrangements for their trekking holidays. There is potential for the right person to grow with our small company and to make their work a very exciting mix of tasks, including marketing and business development as well as visiting our treks in the Alps, Scandinavia and the UK.
As a team we think about and discuss the travel industry and our part within it. We are building thoughtfully our system of knowledge and holiday planning. We work closely with each other in the office and we enjoy our cheery, fair and positive atmosphere. This is the ethos of the company; it applies equally to our trips. We seek to be as good as possible to our clients, our hotels and ourselves (team and leaders) alike.
- A warm, confident, precise manner on email and phone with our clients and our accommodation contacts.
- The ability to manipulate a large spreadsheet and keep it updated in an exact manner.
- A good degree and a general enjoyment of the outdoors and travel.
- Helpful but not essential qualities are walking experience or a travel industry background.
- We are particularly keen to hear from people with marketing or graphic design experience or knowledge of French, German or Italian.
- Advising enquirers and clients on the options for their trek, taking their booking, assembling their info pack and keeping in touch throughout the build-up to their trip.
- Keeping up our friendly relations with our hotels and huts across the Alps (France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia and Germany) as well as in Scandinavia (Norway and Sweden) and the UK.
- Managing our reservations over email and phone, working in Google Sheets. This becomes intensive in the build-up to our Summer season. The number of hotels, clients and holiday options makes it a complex task.
- On-call work on evenings and weekends, to be agreed among the team, is essential from May to September.
Our office hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, or 6pm in Summer. Our business is seasonal; the months from April to September are our busiest. On holiday leave the aim is to be flexible and generous, knowing that we all like to travel!
If you'd like to apply, please email your CV to Mr Simon Stevens at [email protected]. (Please call me Simon!)
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.