|Location||Bristol, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||17th October 2019|
Sales & Marketing
On the surface we’re a travel agency specialising in adventurous trips to Antarctica, Patagonia and the Arctic. Dig deeper and you’ll find a diverse team of twenty people who are deeply knowledgeable and passionate about their destinations, working with individual autonomy and shared purpose.
Customers cite our three websites as the best guidebooks to their regions, and our trips and service second to none. Swoop is heading towards being not just the global number one for our destinations and a stand-out brand in the travel industry, but also the centre of gravity for a worldwide community of people with an enduring interest in the experiences that can be found at the ends of the earth.
Role & Responsibilities
This new Sales-focused position is key to the overall success and continued expansion of our Bristol-based Polar Team as we consolidate our reputation as leading experts in Polar travel. You would join a small, passionate, highly productive team of Polar specialists already operating from both the UK and Argentina.
Your primary role will be to help drive our Polar sales to achieve our growth plans. You will also be responsible for seeking out new product ideas, helping improve our websites, fostering close working relations with our key partners and supporting the marketing of your destinations.
You can expect extensive sales and product training from some of the best in the business, and an overseas trip once a year to help deepen your expertise.
The job is primarily office-based, however at times this will require flexibility - to meet suppliers, customer meetings, attend industry events and to travel overseas as part of an educational.
Skills/ Experience required
- An infectious passion and enthusiasm for travel
- Experience in a sales or commercial role
- An ability to inspire and enthuse potential customers
- Self-motivated and ambitious to achieve
- Excellent organisational skills and adept at prioritising
- Strong can-do attitude and drive to overachieve
- Keenness to be part of a young, dynamic, rapidly expanding team
- A team player with a ‘work hard/ play hard’ mentality
- Strong client facing skills, particularly by phone
- A strong commitment to customer service excellence
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- A good listener with well-developed writing skills
- Technically competent - good general computing as well as typing skills
- Degree education preferred
In return, we offer a competitive starting salary plus bonuses, 20 days annual holiday, plus your birthday and regular opportunities to travel.
You will be based in our Bristol office and the working hours are 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday only however, as a small and rapidly growing company there are occasions when work beyond standard office hours is required. To top it all off, our office has some of the best views of Bristol. Seriously, we don’t call it ‘The Condors’ Nest’ for nothing.
How to Apply
If you feel you’ve got the prerequisites, please do get in touch by sending your CV to [email protected] and a one page covering letter answering the question ‘Why Polar?’
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.