|Location||York, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||2nd February 2020|
Role: Staff Coordinator
Lost Earth Adventures is a small, but rapidly growing UK outdoor activity provider (primarily operating across Yorkshire and the Peak District) and overseas tour operator; specialising in adventurous treks and multi-activity holidays to Nepal.
This is a great opportunity for someone to come in at the ground level and grow with us, at a very exciting time.
You will predominantly be based at our Head Office, in York. However you will be required to be out on the ground, as required. Delivering instruction or helping develop / monitoring activity sessions throughout our main operating areas.
What you will be doing…..
- Assisting the Operations manager to co-ordinate staffing priorities.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with staff.
- Ensuring staff have all relevant job information to deliver a first class service to customers
- Assisting writing itineraries and logistic planning with Operations Manager and Client relations team.
- Training / inducting / Monitoring instructors (within the scope of Qualification).
- Managing inventory checking stock and kit safety.
- Ensuring compliance with AALA regulations.
- Ensuring instructor records are compiled and maintained.
- Outdoor instruction across Yorkshire and the Peak District (as required).
- Assist in identification and recce of new locations.
What we’re looking for…
Are you highly motivated with excellent standards and the people skills needed to deliver superb service?
We are looking for people with:
- Hold a SPA and ML(S) (or similar) - essential
- Supervisory or management experience (preferably outdoor industry)
- Experience of health and safety management (desirable)
- Experience of training / monitoring staff (desirable)
- A professional manner when working with groups and dealing with queries and problems that arise.
- You will be expected to be punctual, well organised, smart and customer focused at all times
- A positive and natural problem solver
- First Aid at Work qualification (or willingness to work towards)
- A Driving Licence + reliable vehicle
We know there’s more to life than work – that’s why when you join Lost Earth Adventures you’ll get amazing company perks.
- Mountain Equipment, DMM, Petzl and Wild Country equipment available at trade cost
- Cotswold 15% discount
- Opportunities for further professional development
- Salary increase based on performance
- Fun staff outings, from go karting to flying light aircraft.
- Opportunities for promotion, next step would be Ops Manager
Successful candidates are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure at the company’s expense. You need to possess the legal right to live and work in the UK
The role is based at our head office in York which is open from 9am - 6:30pm Monday to Friday. A flexible approach to when you work will be needed and we’ll offer the same in return.
You may also be required to provide out-of-office weekend cover and emergency contact as part of a rota.
We offer a competitive salary, dependent on your level of experience, 28 days holiday per annum.
Salary: £18k - £20k (annual)
To apply, please contact [email protected] with a CV and a covering letter.
If you’d like a chat about this role first then please call 01904 500094
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.