|Location||San Jose, Costa Rica|
|Date Posted||17th September 2019|
¿Hablas español? Raleigh International is recruiting Spanish Interpreters for our Expeditions in Costa Rica next year.
Raleigh International is a youth and sustainable development charity. Our projects build resilient communities, improve access to safe water and sanitation, protect vulnerable environments, and give young people a unique opportunity to build up their skills and confidence.
To safely and effectively run our Expeditions in Costa Rica, we need Spanish Interpreters to work alongside our Project Managers. Together you will lead volunteer groups aged 17-24, on community, environmental and adventure projects across Costa Rica, where your skills and leadership will be essential.
As a Spanish Interpreter you will;
- Draw on your language skills to help facilitate your volunteer group's links to the local community
- Work with another Project Manager to support groups of 12-14 volunteers on adventure, community and environment projects
- Encourage the volunteers to learn one another's language
- Inspire and motivate your team to effectively deliver their project aims
- Actively contribute to a range of sustainable development work, from improving a rural village's access to clean water to protecting Costa Rica's abundance of natural biodiversity
When can I go?
We are now recruiting for Expeditions to Costa Rica in 2020. We have limited spaces so apply early:
- 1 February - 27 April (13 weeks)
- 13 June - 29 August (11 weeks)
- 13 June - 7 September (13 weeks)
As we are a charity you can fundraise for some or all the cost of your Expedition. Your money is going to support our work to build a sustainable future for everyone. Your target covers:
- All living expenses whilst you're away, including food, accommodation and equipment
- All in-country transport
- Full training and support before and during the Expedition
- Travel and medical insurance
- Develop your skills in leadership and project management
- Learn new knowledge of international sustainable development
- Gain experience working with young people in a challenging environment
- Learn new skills to develop or change your career
- Be immersed in Costa Rican culture through working and living in the heart of a local community
- Take in epic scenery as your group experiences regions and national parks inaccessible to the ordinary traveller.
How do I apply?
Apply on our website at http://bit.ly/2LVIBGF
Afterwards you will be invited to one of our Discovery Weekends. This is a fun, intensive weekend that gives you a taste of Expedition and the chance to ask us and our alumni directly about Raleigh.
Please contact Josh at [email protected] or +44 (0) 207 183 1295 for more information. Apply today for this life changing opportunity and spend 11 to 13 weeks in a new and exciting environment.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.