|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||26th April 2019|
Gladiator Events Ltd is looking for a Senior Event Manager to deliver its busy schedule of events in 2019, commencing May or June 2019. The role will be varied, high paced and extremely rewarding. We are looking for a self-motivated Senior Event Manager experienced in operating Mass Participation events and with an understanding and interest of the Charity Sector.
Our goal is to create unique experiences that inspire people to get outdoors and raise money for excellent causes, as well as helping to maintain a healthy lifestyle. We strongly believe that everyone can find fitness fun, and we are making this a reality by producing exciting events that everyone can enjoy, regardless of their fitness level. Our 2019 calendar of events runs from March until October, during which time we will hold fifteen mass-participation events.
The current portfolio of Gladiator Events is as follows:
- The Muddy Dog Challenge Series: the UK’s first obstacle race for dogs and their owners on behalf of Battersea Dogs & Cats Home taking place across the UK.
- Muddy Dog Treks: 10km & 20km hike for dogs and their owners on behalf of Battersea Dogs & Cats Home: pilot event being run in 2019.
- Run The River: a 5km and 10km timed run along the River Thames in Central London supporting Teach First
- Splash Out!: Gladiator Events very own family water-themed event – a 5km run with 5 x water obstacles for charities and hospices around the UK.
- Extreme Warrior: a tough 5km & 10km obstacle run for Katherine’s House Hospice in Stafford
- The Chocolate Obstacle Rush: a fun 5km obstacle run with chocolate for Birmingham St. Mary’s Hospice in Birmingham
- Theo’s Obstacle 5km: a 5km family fun obstacle run for The Children’s Hospital Charity in Sheffield
- Gemma’s Hospice Obstacle Run: a 5km and 10km obstacle run at Roundhay Park, Leeds, supporting St. Gemma’s Hospice
The Senior Event Manager will be responsible for all the pre-planning of the events and ensuring all events are executed professionally, on time, within budget and to client expectations. During the event day, you will be the Race Director.
You will bring your extensive experience to develop and grow our existing portfolio of events, as well as being responsible for developing new events for National and Regional Charities.
You will also be responsible for managing a team including an Event Assistant and up to two Interns.
Your ultimate goal is to deliver outstanding events for our clients, allowing us to reinforce our reputation as one of the Charity Sector’s leading Event Management suppliers.
- Typical working hours are 37.5 hours per week
- The role will demand working for several weekends across the event season. Days in lieu will be offered for weekend days worked.
- The role will involve some van driving and warehouse / equipment management.
- The role holder must be comfortable working both independently and as part of a larger events team at different stages.
To act as Event Director prior to and during all major events
- To support and train the Event Assistant to act as Race Director on smaller events.
- To manage one Event Assistant and between one and two Interns
- Production of event documentation including but not limited to route maps, site plans, operations manuals, health & safety documentation, staff responsibilities, traffic management plans etc
- To ensure that all permissions, risk assessments and method statements are completed and submitted in a timely fashion
- To ensure our events adhere to safe working practices and procedures.
- To identify opportunities to improve operations and service methods and procedures;
- To manage operational event staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific tasks
- To contract and manage suppliers to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide their services whilst staying within budgeted limits
- To manage event budgets and report to the Company Director where required
- To work with the Company Director to identify new event opportunities and concepts
- To recruit and manage of freelance event staff
- Warehouse / Equipment and procurement Management
- Logistics Management to include coordination of all event kit transportation.
- Managing our Marketing activity, to include supporting our Event Interns to create innovative social media campaigns
- To ensure our website is kept up to date.
- Assisting with any other activity required by the Company Director to ensure the success of the business.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience:
- In-depth knowledge of Event Operations
- Previous experience of delivering mass-participation sports events (minimum three years preferred)
- Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, positivity and good humour
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and time-management
- Proven experience of client relationship building and management
- Understanding and experience of the events fundraising sector
- Varied supplier negotiation and liaison experience
- Proven experience of successfully managing event budgets
- Event Marketing experience and a good knowledge of social media Marketing, across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to create strong relationships with clients, venues, suppliers and staff.
- Ability to deal effectively with challenging queries and situations and an ability to remain calm under pressure.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an energetic and lively personality, with the ability to motivate and inspire others
- Have a genuine passion for outdoor events
- Be a perfectionist who strives to exceed expectations with events
- Have strong interpersonal skills with a wide variety of audiences
- Have a flexible approach to working hours
- Is able to go the extra mile and is willing to get stuck in to all tasks
- Have the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Have a knowledge of the third sector and the Obstacle Racing Industry
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Willing to drive a variety of vehicles including Company vans, ATV and 4x4 vehicles.
- Full UK Driver’s Licence
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a young and rapidly growing Event Management Company in the exciting Charity Challenge Events Sector.
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and Covering letter to Sarah Kenny at [email protected].
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.