|Location||Hong Kong, Hong Kong|
|Date Posted||4th April 2019|
In the field & office
Sales & Marketing
- This is a field-based position, with office work required to support the job.
- Responsible for school program planning, organization, preparation, and delivery, as well as post-program reporting and follow-up duties. Develop programs in conjunction with the Head of Operations. Travel to China is required for program delivery, site visits and workshop facilitation.
- Liaise with the Head of Operations, Curriculum Coordinator and Training Manager to develop, support and implement programming.
- Responsible for setting and enforcing guidelines for program staff (instructional, support staff, etc.).
- Participate in parent, teacher and student briefings, as needed.
- Actively pursue incoming business and develop new clients such as schools, business groups, leisure groups, etc. Develop new marketing opportunities.
- Undertake other miscellaneous tasks as and when they arise including, but not limited to, leading programs/groups, executing logistics, conducting inventory of equipment and repairs, site maintenance, etc.
- Conduct Risk Assessments, monitor safety performance, and maintain Standard Operating Procedures.
- Model and support A-Team’s Culture of Safety and the Safety Manager.
- Deliver all aspects of Human Resources with respect to freelance staff, interns and volunteers including recruitment, training, review, personal development (if appropriate), performance monitoring and team building. In conjunction with the Head of Operations.
- Ensure administrative files (schedules, inventories, etc.) are up-to-date and well-maintained.
- Demonstrate clear expectations (policies, standards of conduct and professionalism [instructional, Culture of Safety, etc.]) and ensure expectations are met.
- Develop an environment in which staff, volunteers, participants and interns develop personally and professionally in line with their strengths, career goals, and A-Team Edventures priorities, by providing ongoing coaching and mentoring (personally or by securing support from others).
- Provide feedback, document accomplishments and areas of improvement. Facilitate corrective discipline in cases where performance does not meet expectations.
- 5 years’ experience in the outdoor industry.
- Previous experience in managing staff, groups and major projects or initiatives strongly preferred. Can train the right candidate.
- Collaborative working style, able to delegate responsibilities effectively and demonstrated commitment to getting the job done. High professional ethical standards in a fast paced, variable community environment.
- High comfort level working in a natural environment and working with a wide variety of personalities and nationalities, both foreign and local.
- Comfortable working in the outdoors under a variety of conditions from very hot and sunny to cold and raining for days at a time. Manager will be on all program at the field level.
- A take-charge attitude and self-starting mindset.
- High attention to detail and understanding of educational program processes.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to quickly take on and implement feedback from staff, other management, as well as professionally dispense constructive feedback.
- First Aid, but preferably Remote or Wilderness First Aid or higher.
- Background check, police record check or Working with Children certificate or equivalent required and will be conducted by A-Team.
- Industry competitive salary.
- Shared housing available.
- Food provided during programs.
- Variable schedule based on programs and project needs.
- 6-day high season, 5-day low season work week, except as needed by program/trip bookings. Due to the nature of the work, there are no scheduled hours per day. Overnights are expected on programs. Statutory holiday times are compensated for by days off in lieu.
- The position includes a lot of weekend and holiday work.
- Programs take place in tent camping or dorm settings.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.