|Location||EDINBURGH, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||22nd January 2020|
In the office
Sales & Marketing
Andean Trails is a well-established adventure tour operator, founded in 1998.
We are looking for excellent sales staff to join our team in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Being part of Andean Trails means joining an active, dynamic team, committed to the ongoing growth of Andean Trails through providing excellent customer experiences in a sustainable way, helping to promote our values, our responsible travel, community tourism and the value of local cultures and wild places.
If you have a passion for South America and would like to share your passion and knowledge with others, organising and tailoring fantastic holiday experiences, then we’d love to hear from you.
Working primarily as part of the sales and product team, you will play a key role in talking to customers by email and on the phone, planning and ensuring the smooth running of tours. This involves working with diverse customers and also with a wide range of partners and suppliers.
At Andean Trails we are focused on delivering excellent, personalised customer experiences. We would expect the successful candidate to bring a professional and high energy approach to the job, and a love for adventure and travel – especially in South America.
As we are a small team, we are looking for somebody who enjoys a varied role that will also include contributions to product development, social media, blogging, updating the web site and so on.
Where Are We?
Andean Trails is based from a bright office in the heart of Edinburgh’s Leith.
The Employment Package
• Full time, permanent employment
• £17,000-£21,000 per annum
• 29 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays)
• An Andean Trails familiarisation trip every two years
• Company contributed Stakeholder pension
• Bike to work scheme
• Flexible working hours
• Work in our small team making reservations with accommodation, transport and other service providers.
• Talk to clients to plan their tours, ensure bookings are efficiently processed and that client requests are met.
• Help to develop new programmes and improve existing itineraries.
• Provide an exceptional level of client care at all times.
• Contribute to social media, digital marketing, writing for the web site, updating products, product development and so on as and when the need arises.
Knowledge, skills & experience required
• A strong work ethic, excellent organisational skills and an eye for detail.
• Ideally relevant experience gained within the travel industry.
• A good knowledge of South America and the travel industry, ideally with a good understanding of the adventure travel sector.
• Preferably experience of dealing with overseas operating companies, accommodation, transport and other service providers.
• IT skills with experience of Word essential, with further experience of WordPress, social media and digital marketing skills preferred.
Personal skills and competencies required
• Highly developed interpersonal skills, awareness and emotional intelligence with an ability to develop and sustain relationships with both customers and business partners.
• Good communication skills.
• A natural collaborator who enjoys working in a team.
• A strong and clear commitment to excellent customer service.
• Excellent attention to detail, even when faced with multiple tasks.
• A genuine enthusiasm and passion for South America, adventure travel and wild places.
How to Apply
Send a CV and 1-page covering letter to [email protected]
Your letter should outline:
1/ Why you would like to work for Andean Trails.
2/ The relevant experience you can bring to this role, including your travel experience in South America.
2/ What you can contribute to our team.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.