|Location||Surbiton, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||3rd February 2020|
The Safety and Operational Quality Executive will help deliver safety and quality standards across a range of Adventure Division brands.
This is a multi-brand role will work according on safety policy and quality standards across a range of products, from land-based small group tours featuring trekking, cycling and winter, to self-guided walking and cycling holidays in Europe, to luxury marine expeditions to the remoter parts of the world including the Polar regions.
The job involves some travel to our overseas destinations, normally between 4 and 10 days at a time, and between 2 and 6 times per year.
The UK Adventure division constitutes the specialist brands of Exodus Travels, Trek America, Grand American Adventures, Headwater, Zeghram and International Expeditions brands. As well as the AmeriCan Adventrures DMC. Together they offer a diverse set of specialist products of to a wide range of discerning customers in multiple markets including the UK, North America and Australasia.
What you will be doing:
It is anticipated that this role will have a specific remit for the safety processes within the product range of Exodus and Trek America.
Day to day responsibility for client Health and Safety processes and tasks within the business; including:
- Annual Trip Risk Assessment review and sign off.
- Monitoring, logging and acting on safety concerns raised, and when needed, post-incident reviews.
- Planning, carrying out and follow-up of agreed safety audit work. Either desktop and physical audits of accommodation, local operators, activities and transport providers.
- Rolling compliance checks with operators of high-risk trips including cycling holidays, high altitude and first aid requirements.
The OQ team’s is also responsible for maintaining and developing standards and processes which support the wider product and operations department.
- Maintaining standard Exodus supplier resources, such as Leader and Operator manuals and training platforms.
- Customer feedback is collected and analysed through our Holiday Evaluation Forms. The OQ Exec team manages the software and runs reports as needed for the team.
- Operational branding is the process of ensuring our wide range of local partners produce and use appropriate branded items on Exodus trips.
What we are looking for:
Desirable experience and skills
- Experience of the adventure travel industry.
- An interest or participation in outdoor activities or adventure travel
- Direct or indirect experience of customer Health and Safety
- Excellent written skills to and attention to detail.
Working with us:
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary
- Various employee discounts and offers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.