|at ( view profile)|
|Location||The Royal Geographical Society Building , London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||15th June 2019|
Sales & Marketing
British Exploring Society is a world class youth development charity with a unique heritage, founded on the belief that challenging experiences can change lives, empowering and equipping young people with the courage, skills, resilience and determination to make the most of their future.
We prepare and take young people on expeditions to remote locations where they face challenges, acquire outdoor skills and learn about themselves - as well as undertaking projects with content relevant to their lives and to the fragile environments that they explore. The results are transformative–not just in terms of practical skills and resilience, but in a new-found confidence and self-belief which they carry forward to their future life.
British Exploring Society is looking for a Recruitment and Engagement Coordinator who will be involved in supporting and managing the journey of our young Explorers from when they first express interest until they depart on expedition.
You will be joining a small upbeat and dedicated team that is passionate about encouraging young people to take a big step and join us on expedition. The successful candidate will be proactive, a confident communicator and creative when it comes to developing engaging resources for a range of young audiences.
If you want to join an able and energetic team and help us make a life-defining difference to young people, please get in touch.
The Principal Responsibilities and Main Tasks
- Generate new leads by creating web and print marketing resources to promote expedition opportunities;
- Explaining and promoting our programmes to a range of young audiences;
- Arranging and delivering school talks and other recruitment events;
- Liaising and managing the relationships with schools and external organisations involved as recruitment partners;
- Building and fostering lasting relationships with a wide range of audiences, including our Explorers, teachers and other external contacts;
- Working with Finance staff to ensure joining instructions and payment information is provided in a timely and accurate fashion;
- Maintaining positive engagement through the creation of social posts, newsletters and other resources.
Person specification and experience:
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and a positive ‘can-do’ attitude;
- Attention to detail and start-to-finish ownership of tasks;
- Motivated to work towards and deliver targets as part of a team;
- Confidence to work independently and to problem solve;
- Flexibility–competence to deliver more than one task at a time and ability to prioritise;
- Excellent and adaptable written English and oral communication skills and particular; aptitude communicating with young audiences;
- For this position, you'll need to have literacy and numeracy skills of at least GCSE or equivalent in maths and English.
To apply, please send an up to date CV with a one page cover letter before 9.30am on Wednesday, 19th June 2019, detailing your suitability for the role and motivation for applying to [email protected].
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.