|Location||High Wycombe, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||9th March 2020|
Once you have read the details below if you are interesting in applying for this role please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected] Further details of the role can also be found on weareworldchallenge.com and in the current vacancy sections within Who We Are.
Our team creates the stage for each person’s transformative travel experience. These experiences complement school learning, giving students the opportunity to become true life-learners and true global citizens. You have the opportunity to join the Product Team where you will oversee the delivery our Expeditions to Southeast Asia or Africa. You will be our destination expert and responsible for everything our students experience during their itinerary. You will work closely with all departments across all global business units. The work you do will be critical to our continued success and spark greater possibility in the students that travel with us.
Day-to-day (70% of the role)
Responsible for all purchasing and procurement tasks for your portfolio of destinations. Key tasks will include contracting and procuring services from your in-country partners (e.g. DMCs), negotiating product pricing, providing in-country partners with traveller information needed to secure bookings, managing destination capacity and requesting flights and group kit for each of your teams.
Creation and maintenance of each team’s Expedition itinerary and budget sheet.
Creation and maintenance of other destination related documentation (e.g. trek and community engagement forms).
Communicating destination information to internal and external stakeholders.
Quality Control (25% of the role)
Line management of your in-country partners, including training them on World Challenge policies and procedures.
Reviewing customer feedback and implementing future improvements to ensure your Expeditions achieve our desired Net Promoter Score (NPS) at the end of each season.
Liaising with our Safety and Operations Team to ensure all Expeditions are delivered to the highest standard of safety.
Operations Duty (5% of the role)
Supporting our teams during their time overseas by working in the Operations Centre for two weeks of each year. Operations training will be given.
Who we’re looking for
- Self-driven and good at working under own initiative.
- Strong commercial acumen and a good negotiator.
- Proven project management experience and great admin skills.
- Calm under pressure and ability to meet multiple high priority deadlines due to fantastic time management skills.
- Excellent communicator with proven experience in building professional cross-cultural partnerships.
- Someone who seeks out and drives organisational change positively.
- An all-round team player.
- Personal work or travel experience in Cambodia, Indonesia (Bali & Java) Thailand, Botswana, Malawi, Namibia or Zambia is desirable, but not obligatory.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.