|Location||Northwich Cheshire, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||28th February 2020|
In the office
The Product & Commercial department covers partner selection, contracting, negotiation, scheduling, pricing, capacity/revenue management, and sales literature production, we also work closely with others internally to ensure all products are delivered to the highest possible standards with significant focus on health & safety and operational delivery.
It’s an exciting time to join as there are big growth opportunities across the brands, and significant challenges that face us in terms of Product enrichment, development and management, as well as the commercial management of the Exodus and Headwater portfolios.
The UK Adventure division constitutes, amongst others both the Exodus Travels & Headwater brands, and offers a diverse range of experiences to a wide range of discerning customers in multiple markets including North America and Australasia.
What you will be doing:
Overview: To help manage the Headwater product portfolio so that it continues to deliver sustainable long-term growth. To deliver Product on time, maintain appropriate availability and an optimal product portfolio to enable the company to hit revenue, passenger and profit targets. To work closely with all other internal departments - especially Commercial, Marketing, Sales and Operations (incl. Customer Services) as appropriate.
- Agree requirements and changes (accommodation and routes) for each product in their region, on an annual basis, with 3rd party agents and hotel suppliers
- Negotiation and contracting of suppliers, including allocations and free-sell arrangements
- Production of sales literature - brochures and website, including customer information and trip notes for Travelopia group
- Training of internal departments (sales, customer operations and marketing)
- Support for Sales teams to ensure sales are maximised for their region/s
- Monitoring and analysis of competitors for trip costing recommendations and to ensure the best products in the market place (commercial understanding and focus)
- Pro-active communication to marketing and sales for promotion of trips
Product Development: To be pro-active in suggesting developments and improvements. To follow the brief from Head of Product and/or Senior Product Manager to develop existing and new product (itineraries or strands of product) as required.
Brochure Production: Produce completed product (trips) for all brochures and web, in accordance with published deadlines and styles. Ensure attractiveness of relevant sales materials through appropriate image selection and language use.
Operational Quality and Duty of Care:
- Responsibility, in conjunction with the Operations team, for all matters of operational quality, safety and duty of care issues within set region/s.
- Checking and analysis of Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire (CSQ) results and any agent trip report forms.
- Provision of regular feedback to supplier partners directly and local Headwater reps
- Decision making, researching and actioning necessary changes driven by feedback
- Support to Customer Services in dealing with customer complaints
- Driving sustainability of products. Championing Responsible Tourism in a set region.
Reservation System & other Databases: Maintain and update all necessary areas of the reservation system and other company databases in conjunction with other departments.
Operations: Liaise with the Operations team and local supplier partners for planning of trip operation and feasibility at time of set up and the running of operations.
General Departmental responsibilities: Covering absences and helping other team members during busy periods. Additional duties as and when required
What we are looking for:
- Good geographical and travel knowledge
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload, which could involve multiple tasks, on a day to day basis
- Excellent attention to detail, strong analytical, accuracy, creative writing skills and a willingness to learn
- Understanding, and experience in one of Headwater’s core activities (for example: Cycling, Walking, Canoeing & Cross-country Skiing)
- IT literate (especially Excel, Power Point, Outlook & Word)
- Good written and spoken English + a European language would be advantageous
- Creative and innovative with a strong cultural awareness
Working with us:
Operating across the globe including Europe, Australia, North America and South East Asia , we’re passionate about being the best and pride ourselves on the unique and diverse range of holiday experiences we offer our customers. Our combined businesses are the world’s largest provider of specialist and experiential travel with a range of unique experiences, from private jets, polar expeditions, sailing, trekking and more.
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary
- Various employee discounts and offers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.