|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Notting Hill, London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||9th May 2019|
Sales & Marketing
An exceptional opportunity has arisen to join one of the world’s most original and creative travel companies. This company’s reputation is founded on challenging the status quo and thinking differently. By focusing obsessively on our clients, and applying uncommon originality and insight, we create uniquely transformative and legacy-rich journeys and travel experiences.
Working within a dynamic, friendly and start-up-minded team, the role offers considerable scope for someone with impeccable travel credentials to develop and take ownership of one of the company’s key regions. The role is ideally suited to an intelligent, self-motivated professional looking to develop their creative skills while challenging conventional notions of luxury within travel.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a sales or product role within luxury and/or adventure travel
- Passion for and a willingness to travel
- Outstanding destination and product knowledge - particularly in Asia or the Americas
- Exceptional inter-personal skills and the ability to relate to HNW and UHNW clients
- A refusal to accept commonplace ideas and solutions
- A genuine appetite to research and create highly differentiated ideas
- Uncommonly creative big-picture thinking and problem-solving
- A genuine can-do attitude, enthusiasm, open-mindedness, integrity and sense of humour
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
You will have direct responsibility for creating and managing bespoke trips in your region, and for supporting the development of product and marketing for this region.
- Creating incomparably original, creative and considered travel experiences for clients in line with the company’s brand values
- Achieving agreed sales targets
- Communicating with clients by phone, email and, on occasion, face to face to discuss travel plans and present itineraries
- Conducting extensive research to develop often logistically complex ideas into client trip concepts
- Briefing local partners to develop itineraries that meet our clients’ briefs, and analysing and refining partner proposals and quotations
- Pricing of itineraries in accordance with company margin requirements
- Briefing internal or external writers to create travel concepts and detailed itinerary proposals
- Adhering to company operational guidelines, especially in terms of booking, checking and re-confirming travel arrangements
- Trip management and guide liaison before and during a client’s trip, including being available as a contact outside normal office hours
- Managing local partner relationships in your area of regional expertise
- Researching and travelling to new destinations to deepen the company’s knowledge
- Building the company’s knowledge base (photography, destination intelligence, country overviews etc.)
- Working with local partners and tourism boards to develop content to be promoted through our various marketing channels
- Monitoring competitor activity in your area of regional responsibility
- £28-35K p.a. basic (subject to experience)
- Generous uncapped commission scheme
- Additional payments based on new business partnerships generation
- Two weeks expenses paid travel per annum for research and familiarisation purposes
- Regular inspirational and educational thought-leader guest speaker training sessions
- Travel industry rates for airfares, accommodation and travel
- ‘Family and friends’ discount on bookings
- Travel Insurance for business trips and personal travel connected to those
- Discounted prices on partner outdoor travel apparel brands
- Membership of the Royal Geographic Society
- Membership of the Abundance Digital Community
- Birthday off after 3 years of employment
- On-site kitchen equipped with tea, coffee, fridge, microwave, toaster
- Friendly office dog called Messi!
20 days paid holiday per annum plus statutory public holidays
The position is based in Notting Hill, London (from time to time the role will require international travel for attendance at travel trade shows, to meet with foreign partners or for research and guiding purposes)
Working hours: 09h00 to 17h00 – Monday to Friday
Interested? Great. Send a CV and covering letter through to [email protected] for attention of Paul.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.