|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Surbiton, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||8th May 2019|
The UK Adventure division constitutes the Exodus Travels, Trek America, Grand American Adventures & Headwater brands, and offers a diverse range of experiences to a wide range of discerning customers in multiple markets including North America and Australasia.
It’s an exciting time to join as there are big growth opportunities across the brands, and big growth opportunities in marketing. There are new marketing channels to open up, incredible adventure images and video to be utilised, astonishing levels of customer satisfaction & heaps of passion for the brand. It all makes the marketing department a great place to work.
The marketing department covers Ecommerce, Marketing, Creative & Analytics and is devoted to creating exceptional experiences for our customers through great content, amazing user journeys and impactful multichannel marketing activity. Customer insight and performance results drive our thinking, ensuring everything we do is engaging & effective, timely & targeted and most of all customer led.
This role reports the Head of Marketing, with a dotted line to the Acquisition Marketing Manager and is responsible for delivering multi-brand customer acquisition activity.
What you’ll do?
As a strong, budget conscious marketer with great interpersonal skills, you’ll sit across and be the ‘owner’ of our public relations output for the four travel brands, as well as internal communications throughout the businesses.
You’ll be creative by nature, with an instinct for a great story and the ability to see it through into a cohesive PR campaign. You’ll enjoy being the epicentre of all the communications flowing into and out of the businesses, whether that’s finding a great hook within our product range for a PR angle or communicating with the wider business to find out what everyone’s been working on recently.
You’ll sit within the wider acquisition marketing team which consists of events, partnerships, display and social media, and your ability to be able to share great content throughout the team will be pivotal to your success in this busy role.
You’ll take responsibility for:
- Planning, Delivery & Performance across your channels, ensuring that ROI is always measured & maximised.
- Briefing the creative team (with clear definition of aims, audience, insights, messaging, format, budget).
- Working with satellite offices to ensure consistent global messaging, approving local amends where required.
Your acquisition channels will typically be:
- PR (digital & physical)
- Internal Communications
- Work with agencies and alone to plan and deliver the annual PR plan including press releases, consumer research, PR stunts, press trips, events and other activity to ensure our brands are represented effectively and with credibility, attaining the widest reach possible and greatest response.
- Own the schedule and feed into the plan regularly with new ideas and hooks.
- Build relationships with key journalists and be the main point of contact for any press office enquiries for the businesses.
- Hold the relationship with trade press. Write and distribute trade press releases, respond to call-ins.
- Be responsible for the flow of information through the businesses from product and commercial teams to the PR agency or directly to press to formulate tactical PR efforts.
- Secure both digital and physical PR coverage, particularly focussing on gaining PR coverage in physical media that our target audiences are exposed to and use to inform holiday choices.
- Organise and attend networking events.
- Produce quarterly reports to show coverage for all brands.
- Crisis management and brand reputation management
- Act as internal communications ambassador, ensuring that key news is communicated across the businesses regularly.
- Create monthly internal newsletter to staff, highlighting key achievements, social events and other interesting internal news.
- Host online ‘news desk’ with contacts from around the business to feed into marketing comms plan.
- 3 years+ experience delivering PR campaigns, with demonstrable experience in the creation of effective, high impact acquisition campaigns with a strong focus on clear tangible results and credible ROI tracking.
- A positive, proactive, can-do individual who brings energy to the team, is able to work with stakeholders of all levels and is very strong collaborator willing to support colleagues across all teams with key projects as directed and required.
- Ability to manage budgets and track spends effectively.
- Excellent written English.
- Great attention to detail.
- Takes initiative to deliver something that differentiates us from our competitors.
- Natural appetite for working at pace, delivering timely insights and recommendations
Working with us
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary
- Various employee discounts and offers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.
How to apply
Please email your CV and covering letter to [email protected] quoting ‘PR & Internal Comms Manager
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.