|Location||Bristol, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||19th March 2021|
On the surface we’re a travel agency specialising in adventurous trips to Antarctica, Patagonia and the Arctic. Dig deeper and you’ll find a global team that is innovative, knowledgeable, values-led and driven to be the unequivocal number one in each of our destinations. We also recognise our duty to help our customers use these extraordinary moments to reflect on the role they can play in protecting the planet.
As Swoop continues its recovery from the pandemic we’re looking to forge an even stronger global team as we support over 2,000 travellers in the season ahead. We strive to be game-changers in the travel industry and to provide our team with work that is challenging, rewarding and in which they can take enormous pride.
Role & Responsibilities
We’re looking for an experienced polar travel consultant with both deep destination knowledge and awesome sales smarts to help guide customers through the labyrinth of options and match them with exactly the right trip for them. You would be joining one of the most successful polar agents globally.
As part of a small team your primary role will be to help drive our Polar sales - both in Antarctica and the Arctic to achieve the company’s strategic plans. We’re looking for someone with adaptability, commercial nous and perseverance who can thrive in the current market conditions.
Alongside your daily sales responsibilities, you’ll also be called upon to help out with wider duties, including reviewing new product ideas, the fostering of close working relations with our key partners and broader company-wide projects from time-to-time.
Skills/ Experience required
- A real passion and enthusiasm for the Polar Regions
- First hand experience of Antarctica &/or The Arctic (fairly extensive)
- Is ambitious, self motivated and relishes a challenge
- Strong can-do attitude and drive to overachieve
- Has the soft skills and enthusiasm to bring your knowledge to life for others
- Impeccable client facing skills, particularly by phone to an international clientele
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role would be beneficial
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Excellent organisational skills and adept at prioritising
- Keenness to be part of a young, dynamic team
- A team player with a ‘work hard/ play hard’ mentality
- A strong commitment to customer service excellence
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- A good listener with well-developed writing skills
- Technically competent - good general computing as well as typing skills
- Degree educated
- While the company office is in Bristol this is a home working position
- We can consider applications from the United States
- Regular Bristol visits will be an important part of staying in touch and getting to know colleagues (TBC)
- Standard office hours are 9am to 6pm GMT, Monday to Friday, however flexible working is available
- You will be required to help provide out-of-office weekend cover for one weekend a month, which simply means being available to cover any new enquiries twice a day
- Twenty-five days of paid holiday will be awarded each year, in addition to your birthday and bank holidays. If you get to go an overseas educational trip (typically once a year) your holiday allocation is adjusted to 20 days
- Company benefits include annual travel insurance, group pension scheme , bike-to-work scheme, mobile phone, flexible working policy, opportunity to work-and-travel and an annual Swoop Summer adventure
- Salary will be competitive and dependent on experience
- You will report to Kate Clover, Swoop’s Sales Manager
How to Apply
If you feel you’ve got the prerequisites, please do get in touch by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter explaining in no more than 300 words what it is about the Polar Regions/ Arctic/ Antarctica (your choice) you find so captivating.
The deadline for applications is 23:59 GMT on Monday 19th April 2021.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.