|Location||Bristol, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||1st April 2021|
On the surface we’re a travel agency specialising in adventurous trips to Antarctica, Patagonia and the Arctic. Dig deeper and you’ll find a global team that is innovative, knowledgeable, values-led and driven to be the unequivocal number one in each of our destinations. We also recognise our duty to help our customers use these extraordinary moments to reflect on the role they can play in protecting the planet.
As Swoop continues its recovery from the pandemic we’re looking to forge an even stronger global team as we support over 2,000 travellers in the season ahead. We strive to be game-changers in the travel industry and to provide our team with work that is challenging, rewarding and in which they can take enormous pride.
Role & Responsibilities
Working as part of Swoop’s Customer Experience team, your role is to offer unrivaled personalised service to all of our patagonian customers from the point of booking until their return, ensuring customers become ambassadors for Swoop and our regions.
Our customers are our lifeblood and we take enormous care to bring them the best possible experiences. You will put customers at the forefront of everything you do and pride yourself on the standards of service you are providing.
You will spend the majority of your time proactively liaising with your customers, over the phone and via email, understanding their needs, sharing inspirational content and ensuring they have everything they need for their forthcoming adventure.
You will ensure the smooth running of their trip by liaising with our partners on the ground to confirm all of their arrangements to guarantee an unforgettable experience.
You will also be responsible for generating revenue through the commercial value of repeat and referral bookings, and through the sale of ‘Gateway experiences’ and other trip add-ons (eg flights, kit, insurance, carbon offsetting etc)
You will have your own KPIs for excellent service (monitored through NPS), ‘add-on’ revenue and, in due course, for the repeat and referral bookings generated by your past customers.
Skills/ Experience required
- At least 2 years working in a customer experience role where rapport/relationship building was a core responsibility
- Motivated to deliver excellent service that drives commercial gain
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills, listens to others and seeks clarification. Contributes and gives input to discussion
- Proactive, self-motivated and disciplined
- The ability to maintain a calm demeanor when things change or don’t go as planned
- To be able to stay calm and support customers through incidents, and emergency situations.
- Has the soft skills and enthusiasm to bring your knowledge to life for others
- Impeccable client facing skills, particularly by phone to an international clientele
- Excellent organisational skills and adept at prioritising
- Keenness to be part of a young, dynamic team
- A team player with a ‘work hard/ play hard’ mentality
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- A good listener with well-developed writing skills
- Technically competent - good general computing as well as typing skills
- A passion for the natural world, embracing opportunities to get into the wild
- While the company office is in Bristol this is a home working position (with ideally 1 day per week in Bristol)
- Standard office hours are 9am to 6pm GMT, Monday to Friday, however flexible working is available
- You will be required to help provide out-of-office weekend cover during the high season to support our travelling customers. This will be around 3-4 weekends over a 6 month period (October-March).
- Twenty-five days of paid holiday will be awarded each year, in addition to your birthday and bank holidays. If you get to go an overseas educational trip (typically once a year) your holiday allocation is adjusted to 20 days
- Company benefits include annual travel insurance, group pension scheme, bike-to-work scheme, flexible working policy, opportunity to work-and-travel and an annual Swoop Summer adventure
- Salary will be competitive and dependent on experience
- You will report to Amy Vitali, Customer Services Manager
How to Apply
If you feel you’ve got the prerequisites, please do get in touch by sending your CV to email@example.com with a covering letter explaining why delivering excellent service and building a rapport with customers is important to you.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.