|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Surbiton, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||24th April 2019|
Travelopia is a pioneer in the specialist travel sector, with a portfolio of more than 50 independently operated brands, most of which are leaders in their sector. Sailing adventures, safaris, sports tours, Arctic expeditions – our brands are as diverse as they are exciting, creating unforgettable experiences for customers across the world.
The UK Adventure division constitutes the Exodus Travels, Trek America, Grand American Adventures & Headwater brands, and offers a diverse range of experiences to a wide range of discerning customers in multiple markets including North America and Australasia.
It’s an exciting time to join as there are big growth opportunities across the brands.
The Internal Destination Management Company team is responsible for the running of directly operated Exodus and Headwater products in western Europe.
The overseas staffing manager will be responsibille for the placement and management of all overseas staff required to operate the products in the iDMC product portfolio.
Planning and standards
- Setting overseas staffing strategy and processes in conjunction with the General Manager and others in the business.
- Including review and updating of benefits and terms and conditions for those working in overseas roles, for both employed and freelance leaders.
- Providing estimates for leader costs (pay and travel) for future operations so products can be effectively costed.
Recruitment and placement of seasonal overseas operations staff
- Recruiting and scheduling up to 40 different Exodus leaders to lead winter, walking and cycling holidays in western Europe. Which includes:
- Agreeing wages or rates in line with agreed budgets or guidelines for all staff appointments.
- Ensuring contracts and agreements for overseas staff are in line with Exodus legal requirements and minimum standards.
- Monitoring variable leader requirements as trips are confirmed or cancelled during the year.
- Follow-up travel logistics once leaders and reps are scheduled.
- Arranging shadowing/recce trips for leaders as needed.
- Scheduling and logistical planning of Exodus Leaders when required outside of Europe / iDMC areas.
- Recruiting and placing Headwater reps to work on self-guided walking and cycling holidays in France, Italy, Spain, Austria and Germany.
Day to day overseas staff support
- To ensure that all overseas staff (whether employed or freelance) feel engaged with the brand they are working for, and feel part of the iDMC team.
- Providing regular support to all staff while working overseas, with particular focus on leaders who work across more than one region, and with emphasis on issues that are not related to the region of work.
- Coordinating payments and benefits in line with the terms and conditions of the roles taken on.
Regional Operations Managers are primarily responsible for the below, but for these tasks, support from Overseas Staffing Manager will be required on occasion.
- Finding solutions for overseas staff to problems and challenges they face in their work. For example, difficult customers, challenging relationships with other leaders or suppliers.
- Monitoring and feeding back on leader and rep performance.
- Checking leader invoices and payment requirements.
- Finalising leader expenses budgets for upcoming seasons.
The Overseas Operations Assistant will manage the following tasks, but under the guidance and management of the Overseas Staffing Manager
- Arranging flights, ground services and leader information for all Exodus leaders
- Arranging start and end of season travel for reps, and any travel required during the season.
- Setting up new staff in the system and collating personal data for the Overseas Staff register
- Assigning leaders to tours in the Softrip reservations system.
- Preparing details of the leader funds required for upcoming trips
- Administration of the leader trip report form - sending invitations and collating the data to send to Regional Operations Managers
- Sending leader kit and branding
What we are looking for
- Experience in people management.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload on a day to day basis and manage a range of tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience or in-depth understanding of leading adventurous trips across a range of activities
- Good communication skills so processes and requirements are clearly explained
Good team work and a flexible attitude to develop with the role
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.