|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Surbiton, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||25th June 2019|
Who you’ll be working for
Exodus is the UK’s leading active adventure travel company, operating Trekking, Cycling, Wildlife and Discovery holidays worldwide. Having been founded in 1974, the company retains its adventurous and exploratory nature, while operating in a modern and agile way.
Exodus is part of Travelopia, the world’s largest experiential travel company. Operating across the globe including Europe, Australia, North America and Canada, we’re passionate about being the best and pride ourselves on the unique and diverse range of holiday experiences we offer our customers. Our combined businesses are the world’s largest provider of specialist and experiential travel with a range of unique experiences, from private jets, polar expeditions, sailing, ski holidays and more.
About your team
This role is a key position in the iDMC team (Internal Destination Management Company) which is responsible for the directly operated products in western Europe. This range of products currently includes walking, cycling and winter products for both our brands, Exodus and Headwater, operated as guided groups or self-guided trips. Key destination countries include Italy, France, Spain and Austria.
What you will be doing
The position is the crucial point of management and liaison between our seasonal field staff (Leaders and Reps) and the UK team. The role ensures that overseas staff are recruited, placed, supported and rewarded for their great work with Exodus and Headwater customers.
As the Overseas Staffing Manager, you will be responsible for…
- Setting overseas staffing strategy and processes in conjunction with the General Manager and others in the business. Including review and updating of benefits and terms and conditions for those working in overseas roles, for both employed and freelance leaders and reps.
- Recruiting and scheduling up to 45 different Exodus leaders to lead winter, walking and cycling holidays in western Europe.
- Agreeing wages or rates for each staff member in line with agreed budgets or guidelines for all staff appointments. Ensuring contracts and agreements for overseas staff are in line with Exodus’ legal requirements and minimum standards.
- Providing estimates for leader costs (pay and travel) for future operations so products can be effectively costed.
- Monitoring variable leader requirements as trips are confirmed or cancelled during the year.
- Confirming travel logistics once leaders and reps are scheduled. Arranging shadowing/recce trips for leaders as needed. Scheduling and logistical planning of Exodus Leaders when required outside of Europe / iDMC areas.
- Recruiting and placing Headwater reps to work on self-guided walking and cycling holidays in a variety of repped regions in France, Italy, Spain, Austria and Germany.
- Reactive problem solving, in collaboration with colleagues, when inevitable overseas staff challenges occur.
- Direct line management of the Overseas Operations Assistant, who is part of the iDMC UK team.
- Under the guidance of Line Management, perform tasks that ensure compliance with both Exodus and the Travelopia Customer H&S Policy. Employees must be aware of the responsibility placed on them to maintain and healthy and safe working environment for both staff, visitors and customers.
What we are looking for
- Proven experience of people management, but the ability to adapt to the ‘remote management’ of the overseas staff team.
- First class communication skills, face to face and written, to build trust and teamwork between all stakeholders.
- Pragmatic problem solver, with the ability to think operationally and practically.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Appreciation of employment and personnel issues.
- Direct personal experience, or a good understanding of adventurous or active travel.
- Travel industry experience, including repping or leading work would be a real benefit, but is not a prerequisite for the role.
Working with us
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary
- Various employee discounts and offers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.
How to apply
Please email your CV and covering letter to [email protected] quoting ‘Overseas Staffing Manager’.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.