|Published||19th July 2022|
|Location||Surbiton, London (hybrid), United Kingdom|
We are currently looking for an adventure passionate and career ambitious Operational Quality and Safety Executive to join our UK Adventure Division of Travelopia.
Exodus Travels & Headwater are our adventure travel brands offering a diverse range of experiences to a wide range of discerning customers in multiple markets including North America and Australasia. Now is the perfect time to join us as the world is opening once again – we are ready to provide the adventure. We are committing to implement meaningful change within our culture by increasing awareness of and counteracting unconscious bias, eradicating systemic barriers, embracing diversity, and engaging all employees in the process.
Exodus Travels & Headwater is part of the Travelopia Group, which comprises the world’s largest collection of specialist travel brands, and has an exciting growth agenda over the next 3 years. Travelopia is a pioneer in the specialist travel sector, with an extensive portfolio of independently operated brands, dedicated to the best customer service and most of which are leaders in their sector. Covering Sailing excursions, Adventure Travel, Safaris, Arctic expeditions, our brands are as diverse as they are exciting, creating unforgettable experiences for customers across the world.
About the role:
The Operational Quality and Safety Executive plays a key role in delivering our award-winning trips to the highest standards of safety and quality around the world. Approximately 70% of their time and effort is focused on customer safety, and 30% on Quality Management processes. To deliver these aims, the Operational Quality and Safety Executive will work closely with colleagues in the same OQ Exec role, as well as our Customer Services Team, Product Team and directly with our many overseas local partners.
In time, the job will require some overseas travel to visit and audit a selection of our suppliers and partners. Expected to be between 10 and 25 days per year, normally taken in short trips of 5 to 10 days.
What you will be doing:
Customer Safety Management:
Day to day responsibility for client Health and Safety processes and tasks within the business; including:
- Annual Trip Risk Assessment review and sign off.
- Monitoring, logging and acting on safety concerns raised, and when needed, post-incident reviews.
- Planning, carrying out and follow-up of agreed safety audit work. Either desktop and physical audits of accommodation, local operators, activities and transport providers.
- Rolling compliance checks with operators of high-risk trips including cycling holidays, high altitude and first aid requirements.
The OQ team is also responsible for maintaining and developing standards and processes which support the wider product and operations department.
- Customer feedback is collected and analysed through our Holiday Evaluation Forms. The OQ Exec team manages the software and runs reports as needed for the team.
- Maintaining standard Exodus supplier resources, such as Leader and Operator manuals and training platforms.
- Operational branding is the process of ensuring our wide range of local partners produce and use appropriate branded items on Exodus trips.
What we are looking for:
- Direct or indirect experience of Health and Safety processes and management.
- Formal Health and Safety qualifications are not a requirement but are a benefit. Already hold, or willingness to work towards NEBOSH International Certificate.
- A keen interest or direct understanding of Adventure Travel, or adventurous / outdoor activities.
- Happy to travel independently to visit and audit a selection of our suppliers and partners overseas.
- Likes to get their sleeves rolled up and be involved.
- Excellent written skills and attention to detail is a must.
If you’re looking for your next adventure and have the experience we’re looking for, apply today at https://careers.exodus.co.uk/job/296663
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.