|Location||Finchley, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||11th February 2020|
Sales & Marketing
The New Business Development Manager’s role is to build Charity Challenge’s market position and maximise business growth by prospecting, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing new business relationships. You will be responsible for driving sales to meet set targets with the acquisition of new and sustainable business. The Business Development Manager will work in Charity Challenge’s Sales & Marketing Team. You will work closely with the Director, Marketing Manager and Account Managers to increase sales opportunities
and thereby maximise revenue for Charity Challenge. To achieve this, you need to identify new customers in the charity & corporate sectors (with a focus on the corporate side) and other potential new markets,
customise suitable product/s, present to them, convert them into clients, and continue to grow business this business.
Strategic planning is a key part of this role, since it is the New Business Manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to Charity Challenge. This requires a thorough knowledge of the
market, development of solutions & services Charity Challenge can provide for new clients and a thorough and up-to-date knowledge of competitors.
About Charity Challenge
Challenges Un Limited (trading as Charity Challenge) is a multi-award winning company and have been in business for over 20 years. We work exclusively for the charity sector, raising millions of pounds for worthwhile causes. We currently have a team of 16 people.
We operate treks, bike rides, mountain climbs, and other adventure travel itineraries, while our clients raise money for the charity closest to their heart. To date, our participants have raised over £59m for 1800+ charities.
We are best known for organising the very successful BT Red Nose Day Kilimanjaro Climb for Gary Barlow, Cheryl Cole, Kimberley Walsh, Ronan Keating, Chris Moyles, Denise Van Outen, Alesha Dixon, Ben Shephard and Fearne Cotton which raised over £3.35million for Comic Relief, and the Zambezi Hell and High Water Challenge with Mel C, Jack Dee and Dara O’Briain. We regularly engage with high profile people looking to inspire others to fundraise with them.
The company has gone from strength to strength developing an excellent reputation both within the corporate and charity sectors, donating hundreds of thousands of pounds to local community projects in the
countries in which we operate, and building houses, schools and health centres in developing countries as part of our award winning community challenge programme. For more information on the company, please
The role :
New Business Development
• Locates and proposes potential business deals by contacting prospective corporate and charity clients and identifying potential new markets; discovering and exploring further opportunities to assist with
sustainable growth of these clients for a mutually beneficial outcome. There will be a particular focus on growing the corporate side of the business.
• Screens potential business sales by analysing market strategies, agreement requirements, and financials; evaluating options and suitable event products, identifying internal priorities and recommending mutually beneficial solutions
• Develop negotiating strategies and positions by researching integration of new ventures with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials, and forecasting the client’s needs and goals
• Identify trendsetter ideas and event products by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments
• Plan approaches and pitch documents and presentations aligning with Charity Challenge’s brand and deliverable event products. Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs,
concerns and objectives
• Ensure all sales leads, referrals and all pitches and tenders are followed up in a timely manner with the aim of building solid working relationships and ultimately closing the sale
• Participate in delivering a commercially viable yet industry competitive pricing structure
• Handle objections by clarifying, emphasising agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately
• Present a tailored product that mirrors that of the client and their needs wherever possible
• Close new business sales by providing the appropriate event product for the client’s needs and goals, developing and negotiating contracts; integrating with Charity Challenge’s contract requirements and deliverable operations on a commercially viable scale
• Take personal responsibility for updating job and industry knowledge by participant in education opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and subsequent referral
generation, and taking part in industry forums
• Enhance Charity Challenge’s reputation by taking ownership of generating your reputation as an industry expert, exploring new opportunities and markets, and adding value to all new client interactions and accomplishments.
Business Development Planning
• Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
• Present to and consult with management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products and sales channels
• Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and sales channels that will lead to an increase in business
• Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management, Team Work and Research
• Track and record activity on accounts to meet agreed sales targets and objectives
• Ensure all challenges are set up on the Charity Challenge website accurately using bespoke copy, agreements and images for the respective client
• Align your sales plans and activities with the Marketing Manager. Work together to gather and define what works, best approaches, and key points to focus on when working a lead
• Research and develop a thorough understanding of the market and competitor activities which can assist with enhancing sales strategies and tools
• Understand the Charity Challenge’s goals and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
Closing skills, motivation for sales, prospecting skills, sales planning, selling to customer needs, market knowledge, presentation skills, energy level, meeting sales targets, professionalism and team work.
• Proven new business development management who is used to working to sales targets
• Proven track record in sales, business development and winning new business
• Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads
• Show an understanding of challenge facing the adventure travel and UK event management industry at present and illustrate a knowledge of the operational attention to detail that will be required to succeed
within the industry.
As a minimum you will need to demonstrate that you possess the following:
Networking, persuasion, prospecting, public speaking, research, copy writing, closing sales skills, strong motivation for sales, sales planning, identification of customer needs and challenges, attention to details with
contract documentation, market knowledge and trends, meeting sales targets, professionalism and Microsoft Office skills.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in business development ideally in the adventure travel / event management sector.
What you can expect from us:
• We are a small business with a friendly office, full of people with passion for what they are doing. It is a lively and busy environment. We can promise that you will be challenged in your role! This is a chance to
do something special, and work not only in the travel sector but also do something to help worthwhile causes
• Competitive package
• The potential to travel and experience a challenge and represent Charity Challenge
• Mon-Fri full time (0900-1730hrs)
• If available, some weekend work could be possible (participating on key events)
• 24 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), plus an extra day for each extra year that you work up to maximum of 27 days
• Opportunity to join company health scheme
To apply please email your CV together with a Covering Letter outlining your relevant experience, qualifications, skills and abilities which match the requirements of the role to [email protected]
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.