|Date Posted||17th September 2019|
In the field
Are you mountain leader qualified or have extensive trekking experience?
Raleigh International is looking for people with your skills to join our Expeditions as an Adventure Project Manager in Nepal next year.
Alongside another group leader, you will lead teams of 12-14 young people on intensive 19-day treks across Nepal, where your expertise will be essential to their success.
Raleigh International is a youth and sustainable development charity. Our projects improve access to safe water and sanitation in rural communities, protect vulnerable environments, and give young people a unique opportunity to build their skills and confidence in a real way. Our trek adventure phases play a crucial role in this, where across three weeks our volunteers hike across a range of terrain and landscapes, whilst developing their endurance, teamwork and leadership.
As a result of our relationships with country authorities, Raleigh teams often have access to areas that are usually closed to tourists. You may also have the chance to work on our community project sites, supporting efforts to increase access to clean water and knowledge of safe hygiene, whilst facilitating the personal development of your volunteer group.
When can I go?
We are predominantly recruiting for Nepal Expeditions in 2020:
- 24 January – 20 April (13 weeks)
- 15 June - 10 September (13 weeks)
As we are a charity you can fundraise for some or all the cost of your Expedition. Your money is going to support our work to build a sustainable future for everyone. We offer reduced targets for those with mountain leader qualifications. The fundraising targets for a 13 week Expedition APM role with experience start at £1,350. This covers:
- All living expenses during the Expedition - food, accommodation, equipment
- All in country transport
- Full training and support before and during the Expedition
- Travel and medical insurance
- Learn and develop new skills in leadership and project management
- Gain and develop experience working with young people in a challenging environment
- Experience living in a completely new and exciting environment
- Build your knowledge of international sustainable development
- Learn new skills to develop or change your career
- Take in epic scenery as you and your group trek through areas and national parks inaccessible to the ordinary traveller.
How do I apply?
Once you have applied via the Raleigh International website you will be invited to one of our Discovery Weekends. This will give you a taste of Expedition life and the opportunity to learn more and ask us and our alumni directly about Raleigh. Apply today for this life changing opportunity and spend 13 weeks in a new and exciting environment.
Please apply online at - http://bit.ly/2LXHUwI or contact Josh at [email protected] for more information.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.