|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Anywhere, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Date Posted||17th June 2019|
Are you a doctor, nurse or paramedic looking for remote expedition medicine experience?
Raleigh is looking for Expedition Medics to join our sustainable development programmes in Tanzania, Nepal and Costa Rica this Autumn and next year. Volunteer managers and medics are needed to support expeditions, so if you’re a qualified doctor, paramedic or nurse, this might be the unique opportunity you've been looking for!
- 14 September – 17 December
- 18 January – 21 April
- 19 September – 22 December
- 17 January - 20 April
- 1 February - 27 April
As an Expedition medic you will:
- Gain and develop expedition medicine skills and experience
- Experience living in a completely new and exciting environment
- Learn new skills such as leadership and project management to develop or change your career
- Gain experience of working with young people in a challenging environment
- React to and manage any medical emergencies
- Deliver first aid training at the beginning of the expedition
- Support the project sites with any medical advice if necessary from the expedition office
- Encourage and motivate the young volunteers to effectively deliver the aims of the project
- Expand your knowledge of international sustainable development
- Lead and support groups of international volunteers to ensure they complete effective and impactful projects, encompassing our WASH programme (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) and community based Natural Resource Management programme.
You must have at least 2 years post-qualification experience, and medical skills that are transferable to remote static environments. To join Expedition you must complete a set fundraising target, which Raleigh can support you to achieve. Once in country all your living expenses are covered.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.