|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Surbiton, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||25th June 2019|
In the office
Sales & Marketing
Travelopia is a pioneer in the specialist travel sector, with a portfolio of more than 30 independently operated brands, most of which are leaders in their sector. Sailing adventures, safaris, classic road trips, Arctic expeditions – our brands are as diverse as they are exciting, creating unforgettable experiences for customers across the world.
The UK Adventure division constitutes the Exodus Travels, Trek America, Grand American Adventures & Headwater brands, and offers a diverse range of experiences to a wide range of discerning customers in multiple markets including North America and Australasia.
It’s an exciting time to join as there are big growth opportunities across the brands, and big growth opportunities in marketing. There are new marketing channels to open up, incredible adventure images and video to be utilised, astonishing levels of customer satisfaction & heaps of passion for the brand. It all makes the marketing department a great place to work.
The marketing department covers Ecommerce, Marketing, Creative & Analytics and is devoted to creating exceptional experiences for our customers through great content, amazing user journeys and impactful multichannel marketing activity. Customer insight and performance results drive our thinking, ensuring everything we do is engaging & effective, timely & targeted and most of all customer led.
This role reports the Head of Marketing and is responsible for multi-brand marketing activity with a particular focus on building our newest brand.
What you’ll do?
Due to increasing customer demand, the adventure division is expanding its portfolio of experiential holidays. Your responsibility, alongside the head of marketing will be to launch a new adventure brand globally. You will live and breathe branding, have demonstrable experience in launching new brands or product lines and will instinctively know how to find a brand’s position within a cluttered market. You will also be able to develop compelling propositions and execute these across a range of channels.
A resourceful self-starter, comfortable with communicating with people at all levels across the business, you will thrive on a challenge and be excited by the prospect of owning a very key new opportunity within Travelopia.
You’ll take responsibility for:
- Creating and owning the brand strategy, core values, mission statement and elevator pitch communicating the message to the wider business and gaining feedback from the project working group.
- Building compelling propositions which shape the new brand’s look, feel, tone of voice and market position.
- Researching the market and interpreting data to make customer-driven decisions.
- Creating and implementing the annual marketing calendar, with clear acquisition campaigns, including KPIs to measure success.
- Executing marketing across channels such as email, social media, display, events & experiential.
- Supporting projects for the other adventure brands where required.
The contract period is 12 months.
- 5 years+ experience in a marketing role with a strong focus on clear tangible results and credible ROI tracking.
- Can demonstrate creation and management of brands within a portfolio, with a solid understanding of the key principles needed to launch and maintain a well-loved brand. Experience in shaping and launching a new brand is essential.
- A marketing all-rounder, having executed successful marketing activity across channels.
- A critical thinker who is comfortable with taking ambiguous information and turning into clear strategies and messages.
- A positive, proactive, can-do individual who brings energy to the team and very strong collaborator.
- A love for adventure travel
- Obsessed about applying customer insight and performance results.
- Natural appetite for working at pace, delivering timely insights and recommendations
Working with us
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary
- Various employee discounts and offers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.
How to apply
To apply for the role please send a covering letter along with your CV telling us why you are interested in working for Exodus and why you feel you would be a good fit for this role to [email protected]
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.