|Published||7th September 2022|
|Location||Bristol, United Kingdom|
|Category||In the office Manager Operations Other|
Secret Compass is a Bristol-based risk management and expedition company, our ambitious projects seek to achieve the extraordinary in the world’s wildest places.
We are lucky enough to support a growing slate of TV and Film projects across the world spanning the breaking news, drama, natural history, reality TV and factual genres.
We haven’t lost our roots though! Over the last decade we have completed world-first trekking, packrafting and mountain biking expeditions across the globe, in locations as diverse as South Sudan, North Korea, Afghanistan, DRC and Panama’s infamous Darien Gap.
As the company continues to grow, Secret Compass is recruiting a Logistics Manager to assist us in delivering our growing range of projects.
Outline of role
The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Secret Compass Operations Team, focused on providing logistic support to the broad range of Secret Compass projects; a proactive approach is required, with excellent attention to detail. A willingness to be flexible and manage changing priorities, whilst also being able to maintain day to day workload is essential to the smooth delivery.
Key areas of responsibility.
- Logistics Management. This role will be responsible for the management of Secret Compass logistics as required for all and any project. You will need to be able to forward plan and maintain oversight of all logistics requirements.
- Stores Management. Essential to this role will be the practical management and maintenance of Secret Compass’ inventory (this inventory includes: expedition equipment, communications equipment, medical kit and equipment).
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of managing in a commercial equipment store, have a good understanding of expedition kit and equipment possibly through personal/professional use, and be able to accurately and comfortably manage various software platforms.
This role requires a dynamic, fast moving, adaptable individual who takes a positive, solution-oriented approach to problem solving. Studious attention to detail is essential for the role and we are particularly looking for candidates who are highly organised and efficient, with excellent time management skills. In addition, the candidate will be personable, flexible and team focused.
Life at SCHQ
We're a fun team at SCHQ, we’re busy, with sections of the company spanning the adventure travel, TV and film, risk management, creative production and magazine industries, there is no such thing as a ‘normal’ day.
The dog-friendly office is situated in South Bristol within walking distance of shops, town and a park with many of the team choosing to walk or cycle to work – not exactly a hardship in the South-West’s adventure capital and ‘Best Place to Live in the UK’!
Our informal office is populated by ‘outdoorsy-types’ with hobbies ranging from climbing to cycling, horse riding to hiking, and surfing to skiing - and our annual staff days out often reflect these interests with previous trips including coasteering, SUPing and a mountain-bike pub crawl.
Key benefits include:
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Comprehensive onboarding and training programme including CPD opportunities
- 20 days leave (increasing each year) plus bank holidays and Christmas close-down
- Generous staff expedition policy and kit discounts
- Pension, cycle to work scheme and options to request specific benefits
- Relaxed dress-code, dog-friendly office, in-house bar, unlimited tea, coffee and strange international concoctions
This role will be open until Friday 30 September 2022, however, we may close recruitment early for the right applicant. Interviews for those selected will take place over the first couple of weeks in October. Once the application process has closed, we will be in touch with candidates to let you know of any next steps.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.