|Location||Surbiton, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||27th January 2020|
The Head of Destination Management leads a team of 8 who are responsible for the directly-operated products of Headwater and Exodus spread throughout western Europe. This is a dual-brand role, overseeing the delivery of a wide range of active products, including walking, cycling and winter holidays, both guided and self-guided in France, Italy, Spain, Austria, Norway and Portugal.
The UK Adventure division constitutes the specialist brands of Exodus Travels, Trek America, Grand American Adventures, Headwater, Zeghram and International Expeditions brands. As well as the AmeriCan Adventrures DMC. Together they offer a diverse set of specialist products of to a wide range of discerning customers in multiple markets including the UK, North America and Australasia.
What you will be doing:
You will be managing a number of Regional Operations Managers, plus roles responsible for overseas staffing (reps and leaders) to deliver to business and customer expectations in the below areas. You will be directly responsible for:
- Team management: recruitment, staffing issues and team organisation
- Cost control: controlling attributable overheads and trip or region budgets
You will have oversight of the following key as carried by the Regional Operations Managers
- Working with product managers to plan annual product programmes
- Including product changes or improvements and new product development where needed.
- Contracting with hotels and transport companies to agree the most favorable terms (cost and allocations) available to meet brand requirements.
- Managing supplier relationships year-round to ensure we maintain good partnerships for the delivery of our products.
Quoting of costs to the product teams
- Ensuring that all contracted costs are correctly gathered and logged, and that variable costs are accurately estimated so that the brands can cost their holidays for sale.
- With the Overseas staffing manager you will be recruiting, training and managing seasonal overseas staff, including:
- Headwater Reps for self-guided walking and cycling holidays.
- Exodus walking, cycling and winter group leaders according to skills, qualifications and experience for the different activities involved.
- For both roles, you will ensure that the working contracts and costs are compliant, fair and good value for the business.
Ensuring efficient use of our fixed assets
- To oversee the safe and compliant management of our fleet of approx. 20 leased and owned vehicles with our fleet manager.
- To ensure our owned bicycles are well maintained and meet customer quality and safety expectations as used on our group and self-guided cycling holidays.
What we are looking for:
Essential experience and skills
- Management experience at a senior level.
- Direct or indirect experience of active or adventure travel.
- A keen financial eye and understanding of the costs and commercial variables of operations.
- A good communicator and ability to build strong relationships with various local and remote stakeholders
Desirable experience and skills
- Direct experience of working in a Destination Management Company (DMC).
- European Languages – French, Spanish or Italian.
Working with us:
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary
- Various employee discounts and offers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.