|Location||Ringwood, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||5th March 2020|
In the office
We have 2 office based roles available. Please read below for details of each role.
Responsible To: Group Operations Manager
Location: Camps International HQ in Ringwood, Hampshire
Start Date: April 2020
Hours: Generally, Monday – Friday 9:00 – 17:30. Some evening and weekend work required throughout the season.
Salary: £17-19K per annum (based on experience).
Expeditions Support Coordinator:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join our small Expeditions Team. The role is key in ensuring all the planning, logistics, and health and safety considerations are met for each expedition. This is a varied and challenging role, that would suit someone who is able to contribute to a team but can work unsupervised to manage and develop their areas of responsibility.
- Assisting with the recruitment, selection and training of our Expedition Leaders
- Assisting with stock, ordering and building our Med Kits each year
- Assisting with preparation for School Teams and Independent Travellers to ensure all relevant support is in place before they travel
- A First Responder on a weekly rota system for our Emergency Phone, receiving communication from overseas staff and liaising with our Emergency Assistance Provider, clients and parents/guardians where required
- Assisting with the medical screening of all volunteers
- Working with overseas staff to ensure all preparation of the expedition is completed
- Previous experience working within the Outdoor Adventure/Education industry ideally within either the travel industry or schools
- A high level of English Literacy and Numeracy
- Ability to build rapport over the phone as well as face to face
- Excellent multi-tasking and organisational skills
- Computer and Microsoft Office proficient
- Self-driven and focused with the ability to work with limited supervision
- Teamwork – we didn’t just add this in as a nice to have – at Camps we value our team culture more than the great coffee machine we have in the office!
- Full driving license is essential
- Commitment to operate with passion, drive and integrity - these are our company values and the basis on which all Camps staff conduct themselves.
We are also looking for an
Operational Support Coordinator:
The role is perfect for a great team player who can multitask (and enjoy it!), with exceptional organisation skills and enjoys working under pressure to meet deadlines. The role is designed to ensure that all our clients receive exceptional post-booking support and that our overseas teams have all the information and support they need to deliver our life changing expeditions.
- Provide support to clients throughout their journey from booking to departure
- Utilising phone calls, emails, social media posts and newsletters to motivate and support students throughout their journey, provide fundraising advice and ideas.
- Managing our student social media sites – ensure questions are responded to and new posts are uploaded to maintain motivation
- Update and create fundraising and support materials ensuring clients are prepared for their expedition
- Managing the information on the Team Member section of the website
- Managing cancellations – including recording reasons and acting on information to reduce further cancellations, ensuring all steps are taken to support team members to reduce cancellations and ensuring cancellations are processed accurately and efficiently
- Managing payment schedules – ensuring reminders are sent to all clients, ensuring payments are processed and confirmations sent, managing credit control and making phone calls to chase outstanding monies promptly
- General admin support including answering phone and email queries
- Ensure all client information is collated, accurate and issued to those who need it
- Confirming bookings and payments received
- Ensure all information is updated, accurate and provided to clients as required
- Ensure client information is present and correct, with relevant follow up completed
Other useful stuff:
- Opportunities for overseas travel
- Run club and yoga classes
- Casual dress code
- Outdoor kit & clothing discount
- Cycle to work scheme
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be a valued member of the Camps International team, please contact Lainey at [email protected] with your CV, the job title you are applying for and a brief summary about why you think you’d be ideal for the role.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.