|Published||16th September 2022|
|Location||Tongham, Surrey, United Kingdom|
|Category||In the office|
|Job Type||Full-time Part-time|
We are looking for someone with a love and passion for travel and great planning skills, to join our team in Tongham in Surrey as an Expedition Planning Manager. You will be joining the company at an exciting time of growth and will be responsible for a portfolio of destinations and managing all elements of expedition planning.
Your aim will be to ensure our students experience an awe-inspiring range of bespoke itineraries which include community & conservation projects, trekking and adventure. As an accomplished communicator, you will liaise with in-country agents and build and maintain a supplier network, negotiating costs and ensuring rigorous safety standards are met, alongside our commitment to responsible travel and the safeguarding of our students.
We expect our team to love travel, but also enjoy working in a fast-moving and highly collaborative environment. We are focused and results-driven, with a firm belief that a work environment should be somewhere you can constantly develop and have fun.
We are ideally looking for someone to take on this role on a full-time basis, but we would consider a part-time request with 30 hours a week as a minimum, spread throughout the week (Mon-Fri).
Salary dependent on experience £26-£32k with 25 days holiday.
Main tasks include:
- Create inspiring itineraries and accurate budgets for teams travelling to our destinations.
- Sourcing, researching, and organising projects, treks, transportation, other logistics and rest and relaxation activities for each destination and expedition – all planning must be compliant with company policies and safety standards.
- Liaising and maintaining a good relationship with In-country Agents (ICAs) and in-country contacts (for example, trekking companies and project coordinators).
- Ensuring all elements of the trip meet or exceed our quality standards and expectations. This includes conducting country and activity-specific risk assessments and ensuring feedback is acted on.
- Ensure that you are within the in-country budget targets for each expedition.
- Collaborate closely with our operations department to ensure that all trips and activities adhere to safety regulations and guidelines (such as BS8848, Quality Badge, Learning Outside the Classroom
- Organise, undertake, and report on overseas recces (research trips)
- Provide cover in our Operations room during the main expedition season (summer, July/August), this would normally involve 3-6 night and 3-6 day shifts.
Who we are looking for:
Previous product/planning management experience
Have a strong commitment to the value of developing young people.
Have a passion for developing world travel.
Be enthusiastic, proactive, and committed.
Strong attention to detail.
Ability to multitask and perform under pressure.
Ability to manage your own time effectively.
Willingness to work under your own initiative.
Someone with a flair for languages would be beneficial
Excellent communication skills and a friendly manner are essential as you will communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders, including senior management, clients, and suppliers from other cultures.
To apply for this role please email your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] the application deadline is the 3rd October 2022.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.