|at ( view profile)|
|Location||York, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||2nd September 2019|
In the office
Who We Are
Lost Earth Adventures is a small, but rapidly growing, York based outdoor activity provider in the UK and overseas tour operator, specialising in adventurous treks and multi-activity holidays to Nepal. We deliver a whole range of outdoor adventure activities and curriculum-linked programmes across the UK, Africa and Nepal.
Our itineraries are unique and strive to get off the beaten path while also showcasing the highlights of a destination. As a small, personal company we pride ourselves on our professionalism, leadership and attention to detail. People travel with Lost Earth Adventures because of our in depth and personal knowledge of the countries we visit. As one of our latest guests stated, “I am reborn! Simply the best holiday I have ever been on.”
Lost Earth Adventures are seeking a commercially minded Expedition & Bookings Coordinator to join the team with the day to day running of tour operations and sales.
As part of a small team you will be selling and pricing tours for the UK, Africa and Nepal with day-to-day liaison with overseas agents, existing clients and dealing with email and phone enquiries. You will work closely with the rest of the department to ensure consistency of content and the customer journey across the company is maintained.
- Taking bookings over the phone and email.
- Ensure accurate tracking and filing of all client and supplier information
- Pricing tours, treks, charity challenges and adventures
- Answering enquiries and questions prior to an event
- Ensuring all staff have the relevant information before they run a trip
- Liaise with operations to ensure all events, tours and treks are staffed to appropriate levels
- Invoicing and chasing payments
You should be confident, well spoken and an outdoors enthusiast with a knack for selling and a commercial mind, as well as having great people and writing skills.
The role is based at our head office in York which are open 7 days a week. A flexible approach to when you work will be needed and we’ll offer the same in return. You would also help provide 1 in 3 weekend cover and emergency contact as part of a rota.
We offer a salary of £18k - £21, dependent on your level of experience, 28 days holiday per annum with the potential for salary increase based on performance.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong eye for detail
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel & Word
- Ability to prioritise & manage multiple priorities
- Overseas trekking and adventure travel experience preferable
- Mountain Equipment, DMM, Petzl and Wild Country equipment available at trade cost
- Cotswold 15% discount
- Opportunities for further professional development
- Salary increase based on performance
How to Apply
Contact: [email protected] with a covering letter and a CV. If you’d like a chat about this role first then please call 01904 500094.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.