|Location||York, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||30th October 2019|
In the office
Lost Earth Adventures is seeking an Expedition and Bookings Coordinator to assist the team with the day to day running of tour operations and bookings.
Lost Earth Adventures are seeking a commercially minded Expedition and Bookings Coordinator to join the team with the day to day running of tour operations and bookings.
As part of a small team you will be selling and pricing tours for the UK and Nepal with day-to-day liaison with overseas agents, existing clients and dealing with email and phone enquiries. You will work closely with the head of sales to ensure consistency of content and the customer journey across the company is maintained.
• Taking bookings over the phone and email.
• Ensure accurate tracking and filing of all client and supplier information
• Pricing tours, treks and adventures
• Answering enquiries and questions prior to an event
• Ensuring all staff have the relevant information before they run a trip
• Liaise with operations to ensure all events, tours and treks are staffed to appropriate levels
• Invoicing and Chasing payments
You should be an outdoors enthusiast with a knack for selling and a commercial mind, as well as having great people and writing skills. You will help with sales in line with our ambitious growth plans and you should be confident and able to also help to improve our websites, create content for blogs, social media and support the marketing of our current and new destinations.
The role is based at our head office in York which is open 9am - 6:30pm Monday to Friday. A flexible approach to when you work will be needed and we’ll offer the same in return. You would also help provide out-of-office weekend cover and emergency contact as part of a rota. We offer a competitive salary, dependent on your level of experience, 28 days holiday per annum with the potential for salary increase based on performance.
• Overseas trekking and adventure travel experience preferably in Nepal or India
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Proactive attitude with ability to work both as part of a team and individually
• Strong eye for detail
• Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel & Word
• Ability to prioritise & manage multiple priorities
• Aptitude for problem solving
• Mountain Equipment, DMM, Petzl and Wild Country equipment available at trade cost
• Cotswold 15% discount
• Opportunities for further professional development
• Salary increase based on performance
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.