|Location||Locations based in UK, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||31st October 2019|
We are looking to expand our Event Operations Team to help us during our busy schedule of 2020 events.
Role: Event Operations Staff
Reports into: Onsite Event Manager
Direct Reports: Event volunteers (on event day only)
Location: Throughout United Kingdom
What we can offer: Competitive daily rate, travel allowance and accommodation.
The current portfolio of Gladiator Events is as follows:
- The Muddy Dog Challenge Series: the UK’s first obstacle race for dogs and their owners on behalf of Battersea Dogs & Cats Home taking place across the UK.
- Muddy Dog Treks: a 10km & 20km hike for dogs and their owners on behalf of Battersea Dogs & Cats Home.
- Only the Brave: a 6mile or 10mile obstacle course through Elveden Estate, Norfolk on behalf of East Anglia Air Ambulance #TogetherWeAreBrave.
- Trek 24: a 24 mile or 24 km hike across East Anglia on behalf of East Anglia Air Ambulance and their 24/7 campaign.
- Extreme Warrior: a 5km or 10km obstacle route on behalf of Katharine House Hospice.
- Splash Out!: Gladiator Events very own family water-themed event – a 5km run with 5 x water obstacles for charities and hospices around the UK.
- Chocolate Obstacle Rush: a fun 5km obstacle run with chocolate for Birmingham St. Mary’s Hospice in Birmingham.
- G-Force: a 5km and 10km run filled with 15 tough obstacles in Roundhay Park, Leeds on behalf of St Gemma’s Hospice.
The Operations Team will be responsible for the set-up and breakdown of the obstacle course or other event and event village in the days leading up to and following event days. Typical working times will be Thursday and Friday before the event, 08:00am to 5:00pm and Saturday, event day, 06:00am to 6:00pm. On event day, the Operations Team will also be responsible for area management out on the course, including repairing obstacles where necessary, instructing volunteers and coordinating with the Course Director and medical staff.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience:
- Full UK Driver’s Licence.
- Experience working on outdoor events.
- The ability to comfortably handle a variety of tools.
- Any other event experience is a plus.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an energetic and lively personality, with the ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Is an excellent team player but also able to work independently.
- Have a genuine passion for outdoor events.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Be a perfectionist who strives to exceed expectations with events.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours and ability to travel.
- Is able to go the extra mile and is willing to get stuck into all tasks.
- Have the ability to remain calm under pressure.
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and Covering letter to Fliss Taylor-Armstrong at email@example.com. We are taking applications throughout 2019 & 2020 for our 2020 events.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.