|Location||Halley Research Station, Antarctica|
|Date Posted||6th February 2017|
In the field
In the field & office
In the office
British Antarctic Survey is in the midst of relocating its Halley VI Research Station to a new site in 2017. Halley VI is the first Antarctic research station to be designed specifically to cope with the movement of the ice shelf. This will be the first time that the station has been moved since it became operational in 2012.
We are looking for a Electrical Services Technician to help us deliver this exciting and challenging project.
You will be responsible to carry out the fixed electrical test of the station after relocation, and support the decommissioning and re-commissioning process. Once Halley has relocated, you will be carrying out complete fixed electrical test of the station and carry out routine repairs and maintenance. Using your initiative, you will need to be able to work both individually and as a part of a team.
The move is vital for us to continue with our scientific research and you could play a crucial role in our success - do you have what it takes?
To carry out the fixed electrical test of the station after relocation, and support the decommissioning and recommissioning process.
Electrical inspection and testing Qualification. (C&G 2391 or 2394 & 2395)
Served full apprenticeship, BTEC, relevant City & Guilds or NVQ.
Recognised qualification within the electrical services industry.
- Carry out a complete fixed electrical test of the station once the station has been relocated and recommissioned.
- Support in the decommissioning and recommissioning of the electrical systems.
- Reporting of problems or work requests to the line manager.
- Carrying out works as directed by the line manager.
- Carrying out non-routine repair and maintenance as necessary, to ensure the safe, efficient and effective operational needs of the Station.
- Maintenance of tools and resources required to complete all maintenance and repair works.
- Recording and documenting test results on electrical installations.
- Work with and ‘stand in for’ other staff to ensure the efficient and effective operational needs of the Station are maintained.
- Undertake other general duties as required or directed by the line manager and Station Leader.
Application & Deadlines
For more details and to apply please see the link below:
Application deadline is 2nd April 2017
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.