|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Bristol, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||19th March 2019|
In the office
Sales & Marketing
Sales and Community Manager
Secret Compass is a Bristol-based expedition and adventure travel company. Our expeditions and projects seek to achieve the extraordinary in the world’s wildest places. As growing company, Secret Compass are recruiting a sales focused Sales and Community Manager to be the voice of the company with our varied client base.
Outline of role
The key focus of this role is to manage and grow the existing Secret Compass community. You’ll learn to effectively deliver the existing communications strategy with clients, from initial contact through their entire customer journey including retention, before taking ownership of the process to refine and improve it going forward. Fundamentally a sales role, there will be constant two-way communication with our client base, alongside management of our CRM system
As a talented and proven sales person, you will love engaging with people and have experience proactively developing and nurturing relationships face to face, over the phone and via email. You are foremost an excellent communicator; you are able to quickly build a rapport with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and identify and win over different personalities, all the while communicating brand messages effectively. With a strong understanding of the industry, you are probably already involved in adventure or travel in some capacity.
Key areas of responsibility
- Team member interaction. With the support of both the Communications and Operations teams, you will guide the clients through the sales journey, from initial contact to pre and post expedition and into the retention phase; developing and maintaining a personal relationship with them throughout. The sales process covers everything from initiating to managing bookings, payment processing, pre-departure administration, and answering customer questions. Monitoring and updating client information through our CRM system (Podio) to ensure all necessary stages of the process are completed accurately and efficiently. Monitoring banking and payment interfaces (Xero/Stripe) to ensure clients pay and are chased for payment on time.
- Retention. In conjunction with the Communications team, design and develop new initiatives to maintain the conversation with our community and keep people engaged with Secret Compass.
• Sales: Fundamental and proven understanding of sales processes, tactics and techniques.
• Communication skills:Be a confident and inspiring communicator across all platforms.
• Organisation: Be highly organised and manage your time efficiently to prioritise and respond to all enquiries within set time frames throughout the customer journey.
• Customer acquisition and retention: Devise and implement relevant strategies in partnership with the Communications team.
• Writing: Possess excellent writing skills and be able to adapt to house style.
• Personable: Be the voice of Secret Compass, developing rapport with customers and genuinely enjoy face-to-face, phone and email interactions.
Life at SCHQ
We're a fun bunch over here, fuelled by tea and biscuits (and the occasional G&T!) with al-fresco working and BBQs in summer, dogs welcome in the office and regular staff days out - recent excursions have included coasteering, horse riding, SUPing and mountain biking. In addition to a competitive salary, you'll also benefit from the 20 days annual leave (increasing each year), a generous staff expedition policy, kit discounts and flexible working.
How to apply
To apply for this office-based role in Bristol, please complete this application form and attach an up-to-date CV. Please note that applications via other means or without an accompanying CV will not be considered. Applications will close on the 10 April and we envisage interviews being conducted after the 15 April with the right candidate starting as soon as possible.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.