|at ( view profile)|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||7th May 2019|
Sales & Marketing
Choose a Challenge, an award-winning tour operator based in Central London, has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our small team in our Bankside offices.
As a well-established travel company, we are the pioneers of student challenge event fundraising and the largest operator of student challenge events in the UK.
We are looking for a talented Business Development Manager to drive growth in annual participation registrations. You will have a fantastic opportunity to make a massive difference in a dynamic and diverse company at a very exciting time in its development. You will be joining an environment where a culture of achievement and a passion for excellence sits at the heart of everything we do.
This role is ideally suited to someone who is happy travelling extensively within the UK and Ireland and who enjoys sales account management.
About the role:
Salary: £32k OTE
- Account managing a number of university campuses across the UK and Ireland
- Ensuring that the number of participants at each of your campus accounts increases year on year by developing strong relationships with RAGs, SUs, Challenge Leaders and Charity Partners
- Building relationships with corporate and non-profit organisations and helping them deliver awesome bespoke trips for their staff or supporters
- Developing and delivering a standardised campus sales process in collaboration with various Charity Partners
- Attending campus pitch-days, information evenings and on-campus fairs as required around the UK and Ireland (may require evening and weekend travel).
- Managing the Brand Ambassador Programme
- Researching and approaching organisations who will partner with us to promote open and/or bespoke trips
- Hosting online webinars to explain and promote our challenges to interested parties
- Contacting leads that are received as a result of public sales and marketing activities and converting them to sales, including potential out-of-hours working
- University degree (2:2 or above) or equivalent, ideally in Business, Marketing or similar
- 3+ years’ previous professional experience of either B2B or B2C sales in a face-to-face environment
- Experience of completing at least one overseas challenge event and / or marathon event OR previous experience of working within campus promo / marketing
- Good understanding of a diverse range of sales and marketing techniques
- Understanding of the challenge event market in the UK and student-led fundraising
- Excellent spreadsheet and word-processing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong networking skills and ability to influence others
- Enthusiastic and outgoing personality
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Drive, ambition and a desire to hit targets and achieve results
- Passion for running and / or adventure travel
- Willingness to travel nationally several times a year to deliver pre-departure briefings
- Able and willing to work evenings and weekends when required
- Previous experience promoting university events with demonstrable results
- At least one year selling / promoting challenge events
- Attended networking events and generated business opportunities
- In-depth understanding of the UK challenge events market, including but not limited to UK and overseas trekking events and European marathons
- Good understanding of the role of digital advertising and social media in generating new business
- Budgeting and forecasting skills
- Competitive salary + bonus scheme
- A generous holiday allowance
- Opportunities for international travel at least every 18 months
- Opportunity to participate in familiarisation trips
- Subsidised staff social calendar and annual team building trip
- Modern Central London office with onsite games room, coffee shop and lots of local amenities
- Casual dress code
- Pension contribution scheme
- Training, personalised development plan and ongoing career development
Sound interesting? please email your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
No agencies please.
Candidates with previous experience or job titles including; Business Development Manager, Sales Executive, Account Manager, Travel Sales Executive, Promotional Manager, Events Marketing, may also be considered for this role.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.