|Location||Finchley, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||11th February 2020|
Sales & Marketing
This is your opportunity to shine as a Bookings Administrator for a leading tour operator and event management company who specialise in tailored national and international challenges in the charity and corporate sectors. We are looking for a passionate individual to join the Bookings Team and to help take this exciting part of the business forward whilst providing exceptional customer service. You will need to have the ability to inspire, motivate and engage with both new and existing participants to take part in incredible adventures around the globe. You will have excellent administration and organisational skills, an enthusiastic and results-driven focus, great attention to detail & accuracy and the ability to manage a varied workload.
Our team looks to provide unique, experience rich travel for our charity and corporate clients as well as private departures for small groups.
ABOUT CHARITY CHALLENGE
Challenges Un Limited (trading as Charity Challenge) is a multi-award winning company and have been in business for almost 20 years. We work exclusively for the charity sector, raising millions of pounds for
worthwhile causes. We currently have a team of 16 people.
We operate treks, bike rides, mountain climbs, and other adventure travel itineraries, while our clients raise money for the charity closest to their heart. To date, our participants have raised over £59m for 1800+
We are best known for organising the very successful BT Red Nose Day Kilimanjaro Climb for Gary Barlow, Cheryl Cole, Kimberley Walsh, Ronan Keating, Chris Moyles, Denise Van Outen, Alesha Dixon, Ben Shephard and Fearne Cotton which raised over £3.35million for Comic Relief, and the Zambezi Hell and High Water Challenge in 2013 with Mel C, Jack Dee and Dara O'Brien.
The company has gone from strength to strength developing an excellent reputation both within the corporate
and charity sectors, donating hundreds of thousands of pounds to local community projects in the countries in which we operate, and building houses, schools and health centres in developing countries as part of our
award winning community challenge programme. For more information on the company, please visit https://www.charitychallenge.com/why-charity-challenge.html
We have worked hard to develop our strong brand and reputation and we are now looking to strengthen our business development and customer service support. You will help grow Charity Challenge’s market share and maximise business cultivation by replying to all enquiries in a prompt and personalised manner whilst also identifying new sales opportunities. Plus, you will manage all travel and event documentation, the booking process, and provide excellent and personalised customer service & support.
You will be responsible for driving small group and individual sales to meet set targets with converting enquiries into bookings and identifying new sales opportunities for the Business Development Manager.
•Responsible for responding to and processing all pre and post-sale enquiries including cancellations, changes of expedition and late bookings including accurate data processing
• Reply to all enquiries in a prompt and personalised manner with the aim of converting individuals and small groups into confirmed bookings
• Supporting the Finance Team using online financial systems to take payments and process refunds
• Liaising with charities and participants about balances that are due for their departing challenge
• Checking new charity registrations and following up with Charity to equip them to be able to promote expeditions and generate sales
• Checking charities have authorised participants and following up if required
• Updating the website with any bookings and insurance related information ensuring all details are correct and accurately displayed at all times
• Understanding of cross-department dependencies and ability to work productively in support of all areas of the business
• Making recommendations for improving systems and processes for more efficient and client centric ways of working
• Processing all bookings, chasing outstanding information by set deadlines
• Track and record activity on accounts to meet agreed sales targets and objectives
• Align your sales plans and activities with the marketing team and current promotions
• Excellent administrative skills
• Proven excellent customer service skills
• Capacity to communicate with a wide variety of people at all levels
• Ability to quickly learn bespoke booking engine
• Efficient use of Microsoft Office software
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• A positive and energetic person who is confident with speaking on the phone and via email communications in an inspirational and personalised way
• Ability to work independently and in a team
• Extremely well organised and ability to work efficiently and productively
• Ability to multi task with great attention to detail
• Initiative to develop and implement continuous improvement of processes and procedures
• An interest in travel, ideally with some adventure travel experience
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Not essential but would help:
o Experience in the charity or travel sector
o Experience participating in a challenge event
o Personal or professional travel experience in multiple destinations in which Charity Challenge operates
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Positive attitude with a strong personal drive to achieve
• Self-starter - not afraid of generating and following up on sales leads
• Share Charity Challenge’s values for responsible travel and understands the company ethos
At peak times holiday may be restricted. Whilst the above are a guide to the requirements of the role, it’s also crucial that everyone in the team has a flexible attitude to the tasks required of them and the wider team, and as such you may be required to complete other tasks as and when necessary. This isn’t restricted to a one-way process either, there may be projects you can get involved with or even initiate outside of your normal role
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
• We are a small business with a friendly office, full of people with passion for what they are doing. It is a lively and busy environment. We can promise that you will be challenged in your role! This is a chance to do something special, and work not only in the travel sector but also do something to help worthwhile causes
• Mon-Fri full time (0900-1730hrs)
• The potential to travel and experience a challenge and represent Charity Challenge
• £21,000 - £24,000 p.a. base salary depending on experience + commission
• If available, some weekend work could be possible (participating on key events)
• 24 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), plus an extra day for each extra year that you work up to maximum of 27 days
• Opportunity to join company health scheme.
To apply please email your CV together with a Covering Letter outlining your relevant experience, qualifications, skills and abilities which match the requirements of the role to [email protected]
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.