|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Bramley, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||21st May 2019|
In the office
Wilderness Expertise Ltd is a high-quality expedition provider with three core brands:
Wilderness Expertise has a focus on the delivery of tailored personal development expeditions and programmes for young adults. Inspire Worldwide specialises in setting up long-term links between charity partners in Africa and Asia and schools/corporate teams from the UK. Wind Sand and Stars specialises in historical journeys and retreats in south Sinai and Ethiopia.
The focus of all of our trips is to provide people with the opportunity to develop as individuals, support and take part in hands-on sustainable community development projects, and to expand their own cultural awareness. We work with a maximum of 40 teams every year and pride ourselves on our high quality and personal touch
Please bear in mind we are not a typical ‘expedition’ organisation. Our focus is on being the best at everything we do, from the support we provide to our partners overseas to the unique and long-lasting relationships we have within our UK team, our Leaders and our clients.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and positive individual to work across all three brands, who is keen to develop and grow their experience in operations and the overseas travel industry. This is a job that requires endless energy, enthusiasm and the willingness to go above and beyond the norm.
It is also a unique opportunity to help grow a socially-conscious business, to implement your own ideas and to develop your skills in a friendly, small, team environment.
This role has huge opportunities for development and progression and we are especially keen to hear from entrepreneurial people who have their own ideas and suggestions on how to grow, develop and improve what we currently offer.
The role also includes at least one overseas trip every year to visit one of our partner charities or expedition locations.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the planning and organising of expeditions from start to finish including itineraries, budgets, kit & logistics.
- Complete administration for all trips (MS Office, Gmail and in-house database system).
- Liaise with schools in the UK to ensure they are fully supported throughout the whole trip experience.
- Work closely with charity partners and suppliers overseas to assist in developing, planning and managing trips.
- Assist with planning and running Pre-departure Training Sessions for students and teachers.
- Assist with risk-assessments and safety management.
- Assist with recruitment, selection and training of Leaders.
Sales and Marketing
- Research the market for potential new clients.
- Assist with information sessions for current or prospective clients. (including parent’s evenings and student assemblies).
- Update and widen our social media reachg. via Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Update website content (training will be provided).
- Assist with researching and developing new itineraries and destinations.
Summary of the role:
Reports to: Operations Director & Expedition Managers
Salary: c.£20,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications)
Days of work: Normal hours of work are an average of 37.5 hours per week, 0900hrs to 1700hrs with some flexibility around core hours. Duties will be in accordance with the work schedules and rest days off taken as appropriate. You may be required to work additional hours when authorised and as necessitated by the needs of the business, for which time off in lieu will be granted.
Length of contract: Permanent (3 month probation period)
Annual Leave: 25 days plus 8 statutory bank holidays
Place of Work: Semi-rural office location near Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK
Training allowance of £1,000 per annum
Laptop/PC and mobile phone provided
One overseas trip annually to a IW or WE destination and opportunities for regular travel
Company pension scheme
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications, experience and personal skills.
- Remote First Aid (or willingness to gain this qualification)
- Enhanced DBS (or willingness for Inspire to carry out this check)
- Current clean driving licence
- Degree (ideally in related subject: geography, development, marketing, business)
- Have an interest in overseas expeditions/community projects/charities.
- A flexible approach to working irregular hours and/or away from home.
- Good administration skills and attention to detail.
- Be confident in using Word, Excel, Powerpoint and social media (Facebook and Twitter).
- Be confident in presenting.
- Have travel or expedition experience - as a team member or Leader.
- Have experience of planning itineraries and budgets.
- Experience of liaising or working with schools, students or young people.
- Web-editing experience.
Personal Skills and Qualities:
- Enthusiasm and passion for young people, charities and development work.
- Ability to work independently and remotely but also as part of a team.
- A positive, can-do outlook.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A willingness to go the extra mile and get involved with a small but dedicated team.
- Be prepared to work evenings and weekends and occasionally work outside 9am-5pm to ensure the job is done.
- Be a quick learner who is diligent and conscientious with a good sense of humour.
- Be able to openly discuss areas of concern and proactively ask for help when needed.
- Be resourceful and able to work independently.
DEADLINE: 31st July 2019 but interviews being held on an on-going basis.
To apply please send the following to [email protected]
- Current CV
- A one page cover letter demonstrating how you meet the Person Specification
- Contact details of two professional referees (NB these will not be contacted until you have given approval)
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.