|Location||Bristol, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||17th October 2019|
Sales & Marketing
Role & Responsibilities
Swoop is expanding and we’re looking for an experienced Polar Specialist to help drive polar sales by expertly selling trips primarily to Antarctica. Our head office is in Bristol but we have a global team and for the right person home working is an option.
You would join a small, passionate, highly-productive team of globally-spread polar specialists; three people in the UK, two in North America, one person in Argentina and one person in Australasia
This exciting role would really suit someone who:
- infectious passion for Polar regions
- First hand experience of Antarctica (ideally fairly extensive)
- is ambitious, self motivated and relishes a challenge
- who either has sales experience or good commercial acumen
- has the soft skills & enthusiasm to bring these regions to life for others
- Well-developed analytical skills
- is committed to the highest levels of customer service
- Excellent organisational skills and adept at prioritising
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- A good listener with well-developed writing skills
- Technically competent - good general computing as well as typing skills
- thrives in a close-knit team environment
As part of a small growing team your primary role will be to help drive our Polar sales to achieve our growth plans. As with other members of the team, you will also be responsible for seeking out new product ideas, helping improve our websites,fostering close working relations with our key partners and supporting the marketing of your destinations.
This is potentially a home working role, with the flexibility to choose your own workplace. We already have six geographically-spread colleagues and have the experience and technology to help bridge gaps in geography.
- This can be a home working role, with the flexibility to choose your own workplace. We already have 4 remote workers and have the experience and technology to help bridge gaps in geography
- If joining our Bristol office then hours are 9am to 6pm (UK local time) Monday to Friday only, however as a small and rapidly growing company there are occasions when work beyond standard office hours is required
How to Apply
If you feel you’ve got the prerequisites, please do get in touch by sending your CV to [email protected] a covering letter explaining in no more than 300 words what it is about Antarctica you find so captivating.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.