|Location||AMBLESIDE, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||28th February 2020|
PLACE OF WORK:
Ambleside Climbing Wall, Ambleside, Cumbria, LA22 0DB
At Adventure Peaks in the Lake District
In any developing business it is important that employees can be flexible in their approach and willing to accept change. The work can be stressful at times and you should be confident and able to run the climbing wall in the absence of others.
To assist, instruct and develop the Climbing Wall and other areas of Ambleside Adventure business as part of Adventure Peaks in conjunction with the Manager.
- To instruct adults and children of all abilities.
- To supervise group sessions.
- Selling to prospective Customers
- Cashing Up and Keyholder
- Shop Displays and Presentation of the Stock in conjunction with others
- Contribute to marketing strategies.
- Contribute to the on-line presentation of the business
- Liaise and work with other managers/members of the Adventure Peaks and The Expedition Shop in the wider aspects of the business
- To ensure that all necessary checks are carried out on the climbing wall.
- Be flexible and complete other appropriate duties as may be required
- PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take responsibility for the Climbing Wall in the absence of the Manager
- To supervise climbing wall sessions for individuals or groups, including courses, public sessions, birthday parties, schools or private bookings.
- To carry out pre-session checks on the climbing wall and equipment.
- To carry out monthly checks on the climbing wall. To ensure that all equipment is in safe working order after each session. To ensure that any damaged equipment or building fabric is reported as soon as possible. To ensure that all operating procedures are adhered to, with no compromises to health and safety. To ensure that all climbers have completed/obtained the necessary pre-session requirements (competent climber, parental consent form etc). Ensure that good practise is being demonstrated by customers and, where necessary, addressing this is a diplomatic but effective manner when required.
- To provide the highest level of customer service and operate to Ambleside Climbing wall standards.
- To always maintain a fair and equitable approach to coaching regardless of ethnicity, race, gender, religion or disability.
- Assistance with Route Setting
- Maintain and Complete all required paperwork and Reports
- INSTRUCTIONAL WORK
You should have appropriate qualifications to instruct a number of our courses, the actual amount of instructing is flexible. We will be developing a broader spectrum of courses within the Lake District and further afield.
- Other Duties depending on the Strengths of the Candidate
In addition, there may be the opportunity to become involved in the wider aspects of Adventure Peaks:
Salary: Negotiable £17,000- £21,000 subject to responsibilities and experience
- Discount prices on outdoor apparel and equipment
- Free use of Company Climbing Wall
- Family and friends discount for Adventure Peaks travel bookings
Contract Full Time (6 month Probationary Period)
Holidays 28 days paid holiday per annum inclusive of public holidays in England
To apply for this position please send:
- Current CV
- Covering letter to demonstrate how you meet the Job Specification
- Contact details of two professional referees (these will not be contacted until you give approval)
Send to: [email protected]
Deadline for Applications 13th March 2020
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.