|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||22nd July 2019|
In the field
Are you mountain leader qualified or have extensive trekking experience?
Raleigh International is looking for people with your skills to join our Expeditions as an Adventure Project Manager in Nepal and Costa Rica.
As an Adventure Project Manager you will work alongside another Project Manager to lead groups of 12-14 young people on intensive 19-day treks across the country, where your expertise will be essential to the running of our programmes.
As a result of our relationships with national park authorities, Raleigh’s volunteer teams often have access to areas of the country that are usually closed to tourists. You may also have the chance to work on one of our rural community project sites, helping to deliver the sustainable aims of the project whilst facilitating the personal development of your volunteer group.
Raleigh International is a youth and sustainable development charity. Alongside improving access to safe water and sanitation in rural communities, protecting vulnerable environments and building resilient communities, we are dedicated to developing the skills and confidence of young people. We achieve this largely through our Expedition adventure phases – rigorous three week treks that cover a range of terrain and landscapes, and build up the volunteers’ endurance, teamwork and leadership qualities.
When can I go?
Our expeditions run every January, June & July and September and we're now recruiting for our 2020 programmes .
- 24 January – 20 April
- 14 June - 10 September
- 1 February – 27 April
- 13 June - 7 September
As a charity we encourage all of our volunteers to fundraise for Raleigh International before the Expedition, however we offer reduced targets for those with mountain leader qualifications. The fundraising targets for a 13-week Expedition APM role with experience start at £1,350. This covers:
- All living expenses during the Expedition - food, accommodation, equipment
- Full training and support before and during the expedition
- Travel and medical insurance
- In country transport
- Learn and develop new skills in leadership and project management
- Build your knowledge of international sustainable development
- Learn new skills to develop or change your career
- Gain and develop experience working with young people in a challenging environment
- Experience living in a completely new and exciting environment
- Take in epic scenery as you and your group trek through areas and national parks inaccessible to the ordinary traveller.
Once you have applied via the Raleigh International website you will be invited to one of our Expedition Discovery Weekends. Apply today for this life changing opportunity and spend 13 weeks in a new and exciting environment.
Please apply online here - http://bit.ly/2Y7kc52 or contact Sally at [email protected]
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.