|Location||Aviemore, Scotland, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||7th October 2019|
What Were Looking For
Working as part of the Operations team, you will play a key role in delivering all aspects of trip operations throughout Northern England and the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, working with a wide range of partners and suppliers. Essential to this role is a strong work ethic, excellent organisational skills and an eye for detail.
While we have a lot of fun at Wilderness Scotland, our team is 100% focused on delivering 5 Star world-class client experiences. As such, the successful candidate will bring a professional and high-energy approach with an unwavering focus in all aspects of the client travel experience.
What You Can Expect
Based from an incredible, modern, purpose built, warehouse style office in Aviemore in the Cairngorms National Park, we offer a special combination of interesting work, career opportunity and supportive culture in which to thrive as an individual and team member. We have steadily grown over the past five years and plan to continue this growth path, which in turn, will offer a wide range of opportunities for all staff. Not only that, we have also been recognised as the 8th Best Small UK Workplace & 6th Best Small UK Workplace for Women in the 2018 Great Place to Work awards scheme.
Wilderness Scotland is a company whose aim is to break new ground and set the worldwide standard for what adventure travel should be. We commit with passion to providing our customers with the most inspiring experiences of their lives, ensuring our experiences are delivered sustainability, promoting the value of wild places, setting new standards for tourism experiences and creating a rewarding, meaningful and truly fun place to work
Being part of Wilderness Scotland is more than just a job. It means being part of a dynamic team that are always seeking new ways in which we can improve. The successful applicant will thrive in this fast paced environment and within the team but will be encouraged to bring new ideas and enthusiasm to the role and the company as a whole. You can read a bit more about us in our Culture Book to get a real feel for what we are about.
The Employment Package
- Full time, permanent employment
- £18,000-£21,000 per annum
- 31 days holiday per annum
- 1 Wilderness Scotland trip per annum
- Company Contributed Ethical Stakeholder Pension
- Company Health Plan (after qualifying period)
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Flexible working
- A wide range of industry discounts including outdoor clothing / equipment, travel and insurance
- Yoga sessions, usually once per week
- Team activity afternoons (Wilderness Wednesday), usually once per month during the summer
How to Apply
Please send a CV and 1-page cover letter to [email protected] The cover letter should detail the following:
1/ The relevant experience you can bring to this role
2/ How you will enhance the performance of our Operations Team
3/ What motivates you to manage the trip logistics for up to 100 trip departures in a season
The start date is likely to be in early January. To informally discuss the position please call 01479 420 040 and ask to speak to Anna or Craig. The closing date for applications is Sunday 13th October 2019.
We also have an annual team gathering which runs from 8th-10th November 2019 in Fort William. If the successful candidate is appointed by this time then it would be great if they could join us for this gathering as a hugely beneficial start to their career with Wilderness Scotland. Time back in lieu will be provided for attending.
Whilst the details below do not cover every element of the Adventure Coordinator role, they do provide a general overview of what you can expect from the role.
Aviemore – 95% office based, 5% in the field
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Work with the Operations Team to ensure relationships with partners and suppliers are effectively managed e.g. hotels, guest houses and activity providers
- Work with the Operations Team in making reservations with accommodation, transport and other service providers
- Assist the Sales Team by ensuring bookings are efficiently processed and that client requests are met
- Work with the Operations Team to deal with client requests arising before or during trips
- Work with the Operations Team and also the Sales Team to improve existing itineraries
- Providing an exceptional level of client care at all times
- Work with the Stores Manager to ensure trips are prepped and ready to go during the season.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience gained within the travel and tourism industry, ideally in tour operations
- Detailed knowledge of Scotland and the travel and tourism industry, ideally possessing a great understanding of the adventure travel sector
- Experience of dealing with all parts of the tourism supply chain including accommodation, transport and other service providers
- Excellent ITC skills with experience of cloud-based CRM systems, ideally Salesforce, as well as Google Apps and Mac applications
- Practical experience of all or most of the activities offered by Wilderness Scotland would be an advantage
- Knowledge and familiarity of northern England and the regions of the Highlands and Islands where Wilderness Scotland operates would also be an advantage.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, awareness and emotional intelligence with an ability to develop and sustain business relationships.
- A natural collaborator who enjoys working in teams with a diverse range of individuals
- A strong and clear commitment to customer service excellence and “extra mile” delivery
- Excellent attention to detail, even when faced with multiple tasks
- A genuine interest and passion for Scotland, wild places and adventure.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.